Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sammibo
    • By sammibo 8th Nov 19, 11:14 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sammibo
    DRO help
    • 8th Nov 19, 11:14 AM
    DRO help 8th Nov 19 at 11:14 AM
    Hello, long time lurker.

I am thinking of going forwards with a DRO - stepchange are supporting my application, but I have only just sent the first paperwork lot off.

I received a 4k payout last year from an employment tribunal, it was spent on learning to drive, car insurance and my honeymoon - things that, had I been paid properly, wouldnt have been an issue. When I paid for my honeymoon I transferred 2k to my husbands credit card for the section 72 protection. I was on a DMP so didnt want the money to be swallowed up.

Will this reject me from a DRO?
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Nov 19, 4:25 PM
    • 14,330 Posts
    • 11,347 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th Nov 19, 4:25 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 4:25 PM
    I can't see this cropping up as an issue
    • sammibo
    • By sammibo 8th Nov 19, 5:09 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sammibo
    • 8th Nov 19, 5:09 PM
    • 8th Nov 19, 5:09 PM
    You don't know how much worrying I've put into this! Thank you so much - i want to be debt free and done with credit.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,507Users online

Martin's Twitter