HYC ? should I pay them ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kasha
    Kasha Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry yes it was HYC that have now contacted me to demand their 30% not Barclaycard. HYC contacted Barclaycard on my behalf approx 2yrs ago. Barclaycard said i did not have an ppi and HYC passed that info onto me and said that was the end of it. It was Barclaycard that contacted me recently to say they had made a mistake an I did have ppi. They have paid me £1400 then i gotca call from hyc saying they want their 30%.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Kasha wrote: »
    They have paid me £1400 then i gotta call from hyc saying they want their 30%.
    Tell them to take a flying leap then.

If they continue to chase you, make a formal complaint and, ultimately, you'll be able to refer your case to the Ombudsman.

Post #7 of this thread has all the ammunition you need to fire...
  • nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think the interesting question (alongside dunstonh's great points) is where you are legally with "nothing more we can do". Is the contract terminated eg. Would it have been reasonable to then engage another CMC who may then have been successful. Would you have to pay both? I'd assume then that you'd pay a reasonable amount to CMC1 for their "portion of the effort" and ditto to the second. Or would you be stung for eg. 25% x 2 = 50%?
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    nyermen wrote: »
    Would it have been reasonable to then engage another CMC who may then have been successful.
    As evidenced by the two instances of this thread, the success of the complaint had nothing to do with the involvement of any Claims Company.

If another CMC had been engaged the result would have been a bill from the second company for time-wasting!
    Since only one PPI complaint was allowed, the Bank would have (initially) just referenced the original rejection.
  • Kasha
    Options
    INTOO......Did you end up paying them? I am now being threatened with bailiffs, they say as they made the initial contact with Barclaycard it is because of them I got paid PPI, their fee is now 35%, I offered them the 20% + vat that is now the rate for these companies, they said they would accept 24% BUT would still get bailiffs to collect the remaining 11% :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They'll want the full fee you agreed to.

I wouldn't mess them about too much - they're good at collecting debts.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 November 2019 at 6:26PM
    Options
    I offered them the 20% + vat that is now the rate for these companies, they said they would accept 24% BUT would still get bailiffs to collect the remaining 11%
    If you employed them prior to the fee cap being introduced then the CMC can (and will) charge the % you agreed to pay them at the outset. No point "offering" to pay less if you owe more!

EDIT:
    Why haven't you done as suggested in earlier posts and refused to pay them anything at all due to your redress payment arriving two years after the Claim Company informed you the complaint had failed?
    I refer you (again) to post #7 of this thread...
  • Kasha
    Options
    Moneyineptitude I have been refusing to pay them on the grounds that when they came back to me 2yrs later after they had told me there was no more they could do for me (end of contract) They had no valid contract BUT they are mithering the life out of me, threatening me, I block their number and they ring from another one, I stupidly thought they may accept and go away if I offered the 20%.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have been refusing to pay them on the grounds that when they came back to me 2yrs later after they had told me there was no more they could do for me (end of contract) They had no valid contract BUT they are mithering the life out of me, threatening me,
    You'll only end this by either paying them (not recommended) or by carefully following Dunston's advice at post #7. This is now the third time you have been referred to that information which was originally posted six months ago ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure