PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• westcoastscot
    Options
    Bob you're bad!! you put it where the sun don't shine, obviously! :rotfl:
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    That's me £150 poorer. :(

Got a puncture the other day.

Took the car to the tyre bay and had two tyres fitted (other one on the same axle didn't have a great deal of life left), and had the tracking done.

Better to be safe when the weather turns Bob x

We are £2,400 light thanks to the multi fuel stove, but hopefully it will pay for itself in a few years. A friend who works for her Dad's company has said that we can have as many pallets as we want and they will even deliver them on the lorry, it costs them more to have them taken away than to give us free wood for the stove :D
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BB you'll never ever regret the outlay for that stove, it will transform your winters, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours, I still say it's the best investment we've ever made!!! Well done, Lyn xxx.
  • Hollyberry
    Options
    Am feeling very low this weekend - was told yesterday that i'm doing too good a job, which is not sustainable for the organistion. I work in third sector health and wellbeing, and as you would imagine our client base has grown hugely in recent years, and I find it really difficult to turn anyone away - due to the job I do folks are usually desperate by the time they get to us. Feeling really deflated.

WCS

So sorry to hear that. Rationing services must be really difficult when you are close to the clients. I wish I could send you "reinflation" and positive thoughts on how much you must be appreciated by those in need.
  • Hollyberry
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    They fitted an ATM in a Womble?

I don't even want to know, where you inserted the card. :p

In the Tidy Bag, of course! :p
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What they apparently mean is that the area where I have extra hours covering for maternity leave has seen such huge increase in referrals (i've been out looking for them, networking, raising awareness etc which I thought was my job) - now apparently i'm "too busy" and this will not be sustainable when my colleague returns. In my regular hours it isn't fair apparently to expect everyone to work as hard as I do :-(

Bonkers it it not, wcs

Just tell them that you hope that the clients cases will be sorted by the time your colleague returns?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    BB you'll never ever regret the outlay for that stove, it will transform your winters, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours, I still say it's the best investment we've ever made!!! Well done, Lyn xxx.

Thanks Mrs L......... 12 days and counting before it goes in.
    I can't wait :j
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Has anyone been watching the GCHQ committee farce? What a load of hogwash is coming out their mouths defending the indefensible.
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Asda are selling Golden Wonder Savoury Rice, and Golden Wonder Pasta N Sauce, for 50p a packet.

Just bought myself 10 packets of the Savoury Rice.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone been watching the GCHQ committee farce? What a load of hogwash is coming out their mouths defending the indefensible.
    :D I find it helpful to imagine them all as rubber puppets a la Spittin' Image (how I loved that prog) and then it all makes perfect sense.

Use up two tins from the kitchen cupbpoard, bought two new ones, switched the new for two from the infamous underbed rolling larder and into the kitch cupboard. Not rocket science.

Most disappointed that these fabby collapsable lanterns from the 99p shop aren't available here, it's all Xmas tat and the outdoorsy stuff has disappeared. Never mind, it'll come back next year (if we're spared) and it might mean I may have to go to the Army Surplus place.

I love possicking around the utterly random stuff they have in boxes.....you never know what you'll find and it's pretty cheap.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business