Ppi Tax back

I have had PPI paid out to me but can not remember when and how much now, how do i fill out the tax back form. :eek:

Comments

• With great difficulty.

If it was pre 6 April 2016 forget all about it if not then you need to remember who made the repayment and ask them for the details.
  • Hi
    I am self employed and received a ppi payout in 2018/19 tax year of £11k
    And again in 2019/20 tax year I received £1800. But I haven't declared them on my self assessment.
    I have looked on your site and it states that if a self assessment had been done a R40 shouldn't be applied for.
    I'm both self assessment I haven't paid tax as my personal income has been below the tax threshold.
    Please could you help
    Love the show
  • PPI refunds aren't taxable, it's just the statutory interest paid with it that's taxable.

You will need to amend your 2018:19 return to include the interest and include it on your 2019:20 return in due course.
  • MSE - Is there a deadline to claim tax back on a PPI layout?
  • Yes.  The earliest you could claim for is the 2015:16 tax year.

On 6 April 2020 the earliest will become the 2016:17 tax year.

There are different procedures depending on whether you have, or need to, complete a Self Assessment return or not.
  • So, my PPI was paid out in August 2014, I assume I cannot claim the tax, quite unfair when you think about it, ripped off yet again !!!! I suppose there’s no use going into our bank and asking ?
  • hi can anyone help with my issue, reclaiming my tax back for ppi payment. I did see Martin's program on this topic and therefore realised i could claim as I don't pay tax.
    I recently returned from overseas last may 2019, i have not paid tax here for some years as paid tax overseas in that country, however i had some  ppi payments paid to me last year 2019 , i do not work or pay tax here, I am a carer for my elderly parents but do not get no carers allowance, no savings.
    I have the statements for the ppi and tax of 20% was taken off at source , the total amount was just under £50,000, I have tried the on line form but got stuck at first hurdle,
    Can anyone please help me with the form , rather do the paper one , i just don't know how to do it and what to put where.? any help would be greatly appreciated.many thanks 
  • You have asked about this on a separate thread 
  • Eloise53 said:
    So, my PPI was paid out in August 2014, I assume I cannot claim the tax, quite unfair when you think about it, ripped off yet again !!!! I suppose there’s no use going into our bank and asking ?
    No.  You were highly unlikely to be due anything back for that tax year anyway.

It's only since rules changed in April 2016 that most people would become entitled to a refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure