* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve managed to pick up crackers for 50p, wrapping paper and cards. So hard to find paper that isn’t foil or glitter. So much we were given couldn’t be recycled this year. I did try and find crackers with no plastic toys etc in them. We had them this year from Sainsbury’s.

I’ve started the year well with healthy eating. I’ve managed to stick to plan so far. Also got my fit bit back on and trying to get my steps up. I feel better already and positive I can get down to a better weight. I hate looking in the mirror at the moment :o
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Joyfullyfestive
    Options
    Hello All,

Thanks 3 for starting the shiny new thread and adding my Instagram :)

Marking my place. Not my best time of year, so sad that Christmas is over and the decorations are down. But so pleased that I have my blog and Instagram to keep my Christmas spirit going all year round.

Already got all my wrapping paper, really want to get organised present wise this year as I want to wrap my presents beautifully instead of rushing them at the last minute.

Also got pom pom makers for Christmas and I love them so much. I would love to do something creative and crafty as a business and really inspired to work hard this year on looking into if this is something I could do.

Already half way through January...eeek!
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

There is a part where most of the main characters do a routine, where they sing "If I were not upon the stage a...I would be" and Matt came on as a trainer, wearing a pink wig, pink trainers, leggings, barechested but with the piece de resistance - a pink mankini:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »

I’ve started the year well with healthy eating. I’ve managed to stick to plan so far. Also got my fit bit back on and trying to get my steps up. I feel better already and positive I can get down to a better weight. I hate looking in the mirror at the moment :o

I gained 3lb over Christmas and lost it first week back, was very happy! Got a really busy month, so doing my best to try & get something done towards fitness. I bought a resistance band in Deacathlon, boy does it suddenly start to feel painful! Think I will invest in another which I can leave at work and use it throughout the day.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • killielila
    Options
    hi all ive been awol last few years but id love to come back to the cosy corner and join you all
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • Redredrobin
    Options
    Any suggestions on how I can get through to my family that I don’t want or need stuff next Christmas?

I would rather have something I can use ie toiletries/ voucher but they are dead set on buying “proper” gifts .

I love Christmas but have got to a stage in my life where stuff is completely unnecessary.

Finally going back to work in a few days it’s taken almost 3 weeks to get over my laryngitis.

The next few weeks are going to be a pain the council are sorting out our damp which involves removing plaster in 3 rooms treating and replastering , then the fun of decorating rooms which didn’t need doing !
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Any suggestions on how I can get through to my family that I don’t want or need stuff next Christmas?

I would rather have something I can use ie toiletries/ voucher but they are dead set on buying “proper” gifts .

Have you actually said this to them?

Alternatively, could you suggest the adults do a Secret Santa with perhaps a max value. At least that way you a) might get the toiletries you would prefer b) only get one gift you don't really want, c) can use the £ you save not buying multiple presents on the things you would prefer or save the £.

I picked up a gift for my DN who'll be 9 1/2 this Xmas - didn't really plan to but it was on a decent offer and it's something I got another DN several years ago when they were younger. Must put it away and not forget about it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Redredrobin
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »

We have had a few conversations but they don’t like the idea , it’s just hubby and my dd but hell they are stubborn.

Trying to suggest toiletries / socks etc but I think it’s going to be a losing battle .
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »

We have had a few conversations but they don’t like the idea , it’s just hubby and my dd but hell they are stubborn.

Trying to suggest toiletries / socks etc but I think it’s going to be a losing battle .

Would they be open to perhaps all going out for a nice meal instead of a gift perhaps?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• CazD2008
    CazD2008 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back killielila:)

Happy weekend all

X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories