»

* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread

102 replies 8.8K views

Replies

• 3forholidays3forholidays
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    nic2075 Great that you managed to pick up some bargains in the sales. I’m not a sales shopper so rarely find bargains.

All Christmas cards are down and the :xmastree: packed away for another year. The living room is very bare!
    :) A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are. :)

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 :) SPC 11 - £975 :) SPC 12 - £845 :) SPC 13 -
  • My Christmas tree is down, my flat is looking bare and dull. I’ve kept my battery twinkle lights up in my kitchen though.

I haven’t found anything in the sales this year which is a shame. Still got some sweets and Christmas biscuits left to eat.
    2019 Frugal Living Challenge
    £2 saver club #21 £40.00/£250
    Save for Christmas 2020 £1 a day challenge, 18 - Treasurequeen £ / £366
  • nic2075nic2075
    3K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    nic2075 when I was a kid we kept my hamster in a fish tank too, it meant all the sawdust didn't get kicked out and also we'd read with cages at the time that they could get their paws trapped between the bars. I do recall though that they little git worked out how to climb up and nose off the black lid so my dad cut a bit of Perspex (with holes obv) that could be clipped under the two black edge pieces of the tank top...which scuppered Houdini's plans for the great escape. He lived til about 2 1/2 so did pretty well (even if I wasn't very good at looking after him, something I still feel bad about over 30yrs later). What's your little chap called?

I have a light wood lid with holes in it. It’s just going on at night and when ds is at school. So far so good, but she is a lively wee thing, so I wouldn’t put it past her trying to escape. She is called Ruby. She Has a lovely fluffy grey and white coat, but has one brown eye and one red eye.
    The guinea pigs are Teddy and Snickers. They are such lovely creatures.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • CazD2008CazD2008
    145 posts
    Forumite
    Hi All

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. First full week back to work next week! Urghhh!

Managed to pick up some extra wide rolls of paper to stash away for next year from Sainsbugs at 50p a roll. My DD is 4, so the boxes are huge! Also 3 Baylis & Harding gift sets for 2 x great aunts and mother in law. £5 each at @sda :-)

Tree and all decs are down now, I always feel so sad when they are put away! December really did fly by. I say it every year, but I’m determined to be more organised for Christmas 2020! I’m going to plan a Christmas activity/outing each weekend in December as otherwise I’m consumed by wrapping and rushing around.

Have a great week all xx
  • princesskitty29princesskitty29
    981 posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    We took the last of the decorations down on Sunday then the tree yesterday, oh I miss the fairy lights! I always like to keep the tree up for Twelfth Night but never mark the occasion, so I’ve decided next year I’m going to start a new tradition and do a carpet picnic by the tree on the 5th January then take the tree down the next day.

I popped into M&S on Sunday and found the most beautiful ‘The Snowman’ wrapping paper at 50p a roll, I bought 4 but I wish I’d bought lots more now! I must say I have never been quite so taken with a wrapping paper! :p I would happily have kept it for future Christmases. I think I’m going to buy some ribbon this year to tie around the presents, I’m trying to move away from the foil decorations and ribbon can be re-used. I didn’t have the time to put anything on my presents other than a label last year so I must start earlier this year if I want to do that.

nic I very rarely watch the news now, some may say I’m being ignorant but I too start to worry after watching the news. Also I find the media turn everything into a frenzy and make everything worse, their reporting is sometimes over-dramatic for what is actually going on. I haven’t read that book but it sounds great!
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly
    4.3K posts
    Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went to panto in Palladium last night, will NEVER see Matt Baker in same light again :eek::rotfl:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • junior_jjunior_j
    4.3K posts
    Forumite
    Thank you for well wishes

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

im back to work today on restricted hours
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • princesskitty29princesskitty29
    981 posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Went to panto in Palladium last night, will NEVER see Matt Baker in same light again :eek::rotfl:

Sounds intriguing! :p

I've bought the boys some Christmas pyjamas for their Christmas Eve hamper, when I was buying them last year I liked two sets in H&M, the set I didn't buy is now in the sale so I bought them for this year.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt
    9.4K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a look for some more Christmas cards yesterday but the ones I liked were only half price, and all the others had lots of glitter on which I am trying to steer clear of.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• 3forholidays3forholidays
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t need to buy any Christmas paper for this year as still got plenty leftover from last year and the year before.

Bad weather here (gusty winds and very heavy rain) so a day at home for me today!
    :) A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are. :)

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 :) SPC 11 - £975 :) SPC 12 - £845 :) SPC 13 -