Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Options
    I'm so glad I managed to drop 5 boxes off when I visited DD as local collector has than been less than cooperative that's if they are collecting. I've rang, left a message, texted a message but nothing. It's one of those weeks where it is just busy but I'm hoping to ring link to hope later to mention it.

On the present front, apart from 2 presents arriving at the end of the month I only have 2 presents left to wrap. DM rang me yesterday to say some relatives will be visiting her and does she have all my presents from me. She did know but had forgotten. Just a couple of presents to pop into a gift bag along with a Christmas card plus I will also pass another present onto DM for her to pass on. People seem to be more organised this year as I've never known the relatives visit so early.

I've also found and got presents im sending into a box to check just for size so far, need to be packed up properly (will be a snug fit ) but feel in control and don't feel rushed-for a change!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How frustrating about your area collector.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2019 at 4:30PM
    Options
    chanie the only time the area collector responded was when I rang during the day and they texted back, 'I can't talk now' and that's been the only communication.

I've just rang link to hope. They were quite shocked as they said they were a good collector but would follow up to see what was going on. There still might be a chance of me delivering my 2 boxes, but they did say if I've been struggling then others would have been as well so want to do a follow up
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Options
    chanie the only time the area collector responded was when I rang during the day and they texted back, 'I can't talk now' and that's been the only communication.

That's even worse!!!!!!

My thoughts now turn to planning for Xmas day itself. I bought a bingo kit so that we can play on Xmas Day. I'm going to buy some small prizes to add to the 'excitement'.

I have pretty much finished my Mum's and her partner's stockings, which I managed to do really cheaply, by raiding my spare gift stash. I need to buy the stockings, but I will just get the ££ shop ones (they won't to keep the stockings, so there is no point in buying expensive ones).
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Absolutely not good news about the area collector- fortunatelymy boxes went very early!

Can't type for long- did my arm/wrist in at w/e trying to delete about 350 e-mails. Osteopath was not impressed when I said my arm/ shoulder hurt!

Landed at LHR at 04.35 last Fri- 12 hour flight from Cape Town. Great cruise.
    Poor poor Mr Napoleon Bonaparte being exiled to a remote sub-tropical island in the S.Atlantic!!I think he had a pretty cushy imprisonment there. St Helena was lovely and the locals very friendly. Apart from La Coruna, Namibia & CT all the places were volcanic islands in the Atlantic.

I can't quite get my head round the lack of daylight, the torrential rain and exactly what I need to do next! So far this week: osteopath, chiropodist & car service + 3 swims. Have contacted man for dishwasher... due Tues..... but not holding breath!
    Unpacking the case would be handy, and get it in the loft.

Take care all
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone.

My friend came home 10 days early from holiday hell, she was very ill and it rained non stop and not only did her hotel room flood as I mentioned in a previous post but also problems in the straw hut she was allocated. She had trouble getting home too as there was a bad political situation in Ethiopia where she was getting a connecting flight, luggage lost at Heathrow etc

She's ordered some of our Christmas food as her life is really chaotic at the moment, so many things going wrong so it may be hard to buy everything in person.

I can't seem to get myself together at all, there seem to be constant problems at my parents house with dad's health, my son was in a car accident (unhurt) but it happened last weekend when I had the worst episode of TMJ I've had so far. Haven't done anything towards Christmas apart from getting a mailing pamphlet.

I think we should start up some monthly challenges next year as they really helped me in the past.

Chanie, that's funny to imagine you on your OH's back. It must have been high up.

Katiehound I have to ask, do you think you'll ever get fed up of your cruises?

Happy Kitties, how many of you will be going for the Christmas Day meal?
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hello ladies, a blast from the past...

All ok, just took a break, it just went from there.

Miss Hoodie, she’s just turned 17, started driving lessons, passed all her GCSEs, and had a camper van as transport for her prom.

Mum - she’s had a few falls, touch wood no hospital stays since last August, thou she’s trying out the ambulance services each time on holidays...

Me.. I’m ok, usual aches and pains, still looking for Mr Right, still travelling with Miss Hoodie. We’ve done Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco this yr, we only came back Monday from Morroco.

Will spend the next few days catching up on posts,

From the bottom of my heart, I was bursting to see the thread still going, thank you all xxxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Mum2one :T :j:j:beer:

Does this mean you're back for good or just visiting?

Yes, we've carried on with the thread, it's good to keep a focus on special occasions although I do admit being awol quite a bit this year.

Thanks for your update, I still remember Miss Hoodie being in Primary and you buying camper van related gifts.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Anglea 3 of us going for the Christmas lunch. We're very close to Duncle who did not like being invited over by DM for the sole purpose of cooking Christmas dinner and basically being a servant.
    Another 3 family members refuse to come over because of DMs behaviour
    Going to update the doctor next week of the issues we are having but I will put a pound on the fact that he already knows what she is up to!

2 more presents arriving at the end of the month, won't take long to wrap then all sorted.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Anglea wrote: »
    Welcome back Mum2one :T :j:j:beer:

Does this mean you're back for good or just visiting?

Yes, we've carried on with the thread, it's good to keep a focus on special occasions although I do admit being awol quite a bit this year.

Thanks for your update, I still remember Miss Hoodie being in Primary and you buying camper van related gifts.

I’m back for good, Miss Hoodie still loves her camper van... we hired one for her prom night. This years theme is oun’ and girly.. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport