IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking charge court letter advice

Comments

• Thanks for that, I have read quite a bit but admit to find all this information hard to wade through but I am doing my best.

I only asked as one witness statement I was looking at referenced the claimants information so I was a little concerned I had nothing and just wanted to be sure I was on the right track.

I will look up the threads you have specifically mentioned I need to have it all done this week so will do what I can. I’m annoyed it’s got this far when the land owner asked for it to be sorted months ago. The evidence is just emails between the landowner and VCS employees as well as screenshots of the VCS IT system they don’t have anything on the about prejudice that I can see.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    gem1875 wrote: »
    I only asked as one witness statement I was looking at referenced the claimants information so I was a little concerned I had nothing and just wanted to be sure I was on the right track.
    It's a game of "who blinks first" waiting to see if you get the claimant's WS before you send yours BUT not missing the deadline. Most times the WS from the claimant is xx page of cut & paste drivel so not worth waiting for. If your defence is solid, then your WS just needs to back it up and provide evidence of what you stated in the defence.
  • So sent my witness statement and exhibits on Friday, got VCS’s through the post Sat. Just sat to have a quick flick through and I’m not sure we have a great case but not much we can do now I guess.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You need more than a 'quick flick through' their WS.

You need to go through it thoroughly finding all the points where they have [STRIKE]lied[/STRIKE] made mistakes.
  • KeithP wrote: »
    You need more than a 'quick flick through' their WS.

You need to go through it thoroughly finding all the points where they have [STRIKE]lied[/STRIKE] made mistakes.

Yes I know that and I will spend more time going through it in detail. Just my first read is quite a worry that’s all I was saying.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    How is getting VCS' template WS worrying?

I can only guess you haven't seen it before but IMHO your research so far should have shown you already what it would look like and how to demolish it.

Their WS is copy & paste, same in all cases, fully expected and all hogwash.

I did say already how to learn about what to do to counter it, and as you have sent your WS already you could add a skeleton argument countering their case law, and I told you EXACTLY how to do that:
    I'm a little bit surprised you are asking that and it makes me concerned that you can't have read enough VCS threads yet, as this is in every one.

And 'what happens when' is explained in a thread called COURT PROCEDURES, by bargepole, linked in the NEWBIES thread, too. It tells you about the exchange of WS and evidence.

I hope you will now be searching the forum (in advance) this week, to read all the other VCS cases where their template WS has been demolished to pieces.

No need for us to see it...you'll see, when you search: VCS witness statement Roch or VCS Kumari.

Do as advised - change the default advanced search to SHOW RESULTS AS POSTS - and you will be amazed by the threads revealed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gem1875
    gem1875 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello, So we got our date through today and its next year but the letter from the court says, unless the claimant does by such and such a date pay to the court the trial fee of £25 or file a properly completed application for help with fees, then the claim will be struck off.

Is this standard on these letters? Has anyone had the situation where they don't pay the fee?

I cant see anything about this letter on the newbies thread.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's standard.

That Notice also tells you when you Witness Statement and evidence must be filed with the Court and served on the Claimant.
  • gem1875
    gem1875 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    KeithP wrote: »
    That's standard.

That Notice also tells you when you Witness Statement and evidence must be filed with the Court and served on the Claimant.

That has already been done they had to be done by September.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    In which case start on your costs schedule and skeleton argument (your side memoire)

Ensure you submit these at least 2 weeks before the hearing date , if the claimant pays the court fee , dropping one bundle into the Court and send the same bundle to the claimant , keeping a third bundle with your WS & Exhibits bundle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure