Credit File Amendment in Writing - Help

2»

Comments

• sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 August 2019 at 3:47PM
    I'm guessing you made the payment more than one day after the due date then!
    (callback to earlier stupid advice given by the op on a similar topic).

As above, the company has every right to correct a mistake made by an employee.

I've not known a company to have a blanket policy of not offering good-will gestures, as this is part and parcel of resolving complaints - and fairly common-place in the finance industry. What has probably happened is that the person you spoke to on the phone looked at your account history and felt that you didn't merit one in this case... things that I'd be looking at in this instance would be if you've had any previous late payments, whether you are making the company enough money through your account behaviour, lastly... and probably the most important.. your attitude when dealing with staff - a good attitude goes a long way with call-center staff (speaking for myself as an ex-call center worker in a previous life).
  • That and the fact that it should have been raised at the time it happened not XX months or years later.
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    sambaird wrote: »
    I'm guessing you made the payment more than one day after the due date then!
    (callback to earlier stupid advice given by the op on a similar topic).

As above, the company has every right to correct a mistake made by an employee.

I've not known a company to have a blanket policy of not offering good-will gestures, as this is part and parcel of resolving complaints - and fairly common-place in the finance industry. What has probably happened is that the person you spoke to on the phone looked at your account history and felt that you didn't merit one in this case... things that I'd be looking at in this instance would be if you've had any previous late payments, whether you are making the company enough money through your account behaviour, lastly... and probably the most important.. your attitude when dealing with staff - a good attitude goes a long way with call-center staff (speaking for myself as an ex-call center worker in a previous life).

I agree with the above, you need the right attuide when speaking/emailing to these people. Never go about in a huff and puff and always spoke politely to them.

It really is about pot luck, who you speak to and whether they can bother to help you the way you want. Ive had 50 percent success rate so far, was never expecting 100%
  • xlnc99
    Update: Company has decided to uphold my complaint as a good will due to the information i was given by their staff and will remove data.

Thanks for the help
  • xlnc99
    FYI - it took alot of emails and perseverance to the chain higher up the ladder. This i find is always the best way to go forward for a complaint.

However it doesnt work all the time. Ive not had success with another company who have been terrible to be frank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure