Dollar bills

Comments

• cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why bother tipping anyway? It's all inclusive.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cubegame wrote: »
    Why bother tipping anyway? It's all inclusive.

Slip the bar guy/waiter $20 on your first drink and you wont have to wait for drinks or spend time queueing as he/she will be looking out for you, therefore more time to spend relaxing and enjoying the expensive holiday you have been looking forward to all year.

Life hacks explained.
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    It honestly gets a bit tiresome writing the same thing.
    If they use US$, take them out of the ATM there.
    /

It honestly gets a bit tiresome that you haven't read or understood the OP, they want $1 bills for tips at the bar, I would be 99.9% certain that this is at an AI resort so they are not buying and will not be looking to change them.
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Indout96 wrote: »
    It honestly gets a bit tiresome that you haven't read or understood the OP, they want $1 bills for tips at the bar, I would be 99.9% certain that this is at an AI resort so they are not buying and will not be looking to change them.

Do you imagine that I didn't understand that?
    I imagine only someone deficient would assume that I did not.

It's also interesting that you assume that it is an AI resort. Because if it is a resort, it will be located on a particular island... That island will likely have it's own currency.
    The staff of the AI resort will be happy to receive tips in their own currency.

So which one of us didn't understand?

Another possibility is that it is an AI Caribbean cruise. Here, US$ might be more useful, since the crew can be from anywhere.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I always keep $1 dollar bills in hand- they are useful all over the place (not just Caribbean) because they are the smallest paper notes you get in a major currency.

The last time I bought them from Co-op travel (discounted 'cos I'd booked a holiday there.) and I actually ordered 100 x $1 bills. When I get home I just put them in the drawer with passport for use next time.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Slip the bar guy/waiter $20 on your first drink and you wont have to wait for drinks or spend time queueing as he/she will be looking out for you, therefore more time to spend relaxing and enjoying the expensive holiday you have been looking forward to all year.

Life hacks explained.

Problem with that, is that they might be looking for the same the next day. If you give them less the next time or nothing, they might think they've done something wrong.
    Better to tip as you go along. :)
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Life hacks explained.

It’s an enormous AI, 25 bars, a dozen restaurants, lots of pools.
    I won’t be seeing Pedro at the bar everyday.... I’ll be here there and everywhere, I’ll want to sample.

I prefer to tip little and often, I’ll tip the same.

So thanks for the life hack, but it’s not my first holiday......
  • Kim_kim
    Problem with that, is that they might be looking for the same the next day. If you give them less the next time or nothing, they might think they've done something wrong.
    Better to tip as you go along. :)

Plus In a huge place you’ll come into contact with loads of different people.
    I’d rather give a dollar with each round served - every time - every different waiter/ess.
  • Kim_kim
    Katiehound wrote: »
    I always keep $1 dollar bills in hand- they are useful all over the place (not just Caribbean) because they are the smallest paper notes you get in a major currency.

The last time I bought them from Co-op travel (discounted 'cos I'd booked a holiday there.) and I actually ordered 100 x $1 bills. When I get home I just put them in the drawer with passport for use next time.

Thanks - so I can order them via the co op travel - thank you.
  • Kim_kim
    Do you imagine that I didn't understand that?
    I imagine only someone deficient would assume that I did not.

It's also interesting that you assume that it is an AI resort. Because if it is a resort, it will be located on a particular island... That island will likely have it's own currency.
    The staff of the AI resort will be happy to receive tips in their own currency.

So which one of us didn't understand?

Another possibility is that it is an AI Caribbean cruise. Here, US$ might be more useful, since the crew can be from anywhere.

It’s Punta Cana & the predominant currency is $
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport