Lloyds becomes the first bank to sign up to 'Mental Health Accessible' standards - MSE News

Lloyds Bank has become the first major organisation to sign up to the Mental Health Accessible standards, which have been created to make essential services easier to use for millions of people....
Read the full story:
'Lloyds becomes the first bank to sign up to 'Mental Health Accessible' standards'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• SonOfPearl
    SonOfPearl Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    This is a fantastic idea, and I support it wholeheartedly. I hope other organisations join and it becomes the norm. :T

There is one important detail I think could be added to the Communications section relating to point five. If an action can be done using a particular communication method, it should be able to be undone/reversed using the same method.

For example if an account can be opened online, then it should be able to be closed online. Too many online savings accounts require customers to phone them to close accounts that were opened online!:mad:
  • anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Am all for the MMHPI, but this is a bit rich coming from Lloyds - done their bit to cause mental health problems with their ridiculous overdraft fees (that have been changed by the FCA).

They've seen mental health is being spoken about more often, and think slapping a post it note on your head or a few radio ads will help.
  • Hopefully Lloyds TSB will bring this into practice in their branches asap. My mother struggles with depression/severe anxiety/dyslexia and TSB keep trying to pressure her into using online banking despite her insistence that she can't read screens.
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    drpurple wrote: »
    Hopefully Lloyds TSB will bring this into practice in their branches asap. My mother struggles with depression/severe anxiety/dyslexia and TSB keep trying to pressure her into using online banking despite her insistence that she can't read screens.

TSB is nothing to do with Lloyds any more so this won't have any effect on what happens in TSB branches.
  • Yellow_mango
    Yellow_mango Posts: 450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    There is one important detail I think could be added to the Communications section relating to point five. If an action can be done using a particular communication method, it should be able to be undone/reversed using the same method.

I would wholly support this, and a lot wider than banking tbh. There are many things it is extremely easy to sign up for online, yet require a phone call to cancel. Presumably so they can take the opportunity to pressure you into not cancelling.

There should be an option to say I don’t want this, I understand the implications of cancelling, and I don’t want to talk about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure