hoist Portfoilio

Options
Hi

hoist portfolio have put a default on my credit report for a debt they bought from a credit card company i was in a debt management plan with - my plan ended well over a year ago. I have requested via Equifax and resolver for details how they feel this money is owed too them and they keep telling Equifax and credit services association that they are requesting information from credit card company. This has been going on from August last year and they are still apparently waiting for the information - is there any other regulatory body i can report them to as they are affecting my credit rating badly with this default to the extent it is affecting mortgage application - please help

Thank you

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Are you disputing the debt?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you were on a DMP then the account would still likely be defaulted.

Are you saying the money is paid off?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    A debt can only be defaulted once.
    Presumably the original account that you finished repaying last year is still shown on your credit files?
  • Janjel
    Janjel Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    As far as i am concerned the debt was paid off in DMP - the amounts owed when i entered and the amounts the DMP company got from credit card company were the same - the thing is the credit card company never made any attempt to contact me about any extra charges or anything they might have put on so i do not know where the so called outstanding balance is from?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you contacted them and asked?
  • Janjel
    Options
    i have contacted them direct by email, via resolver and equifax - they just keep saying to all of us that they are waiting for information from company they bought debt off - this has been going on for over 8 months - surely they would have had information before now - it does not take that long to get information
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Janjel wrote: »
    i have contacted them direct by email, via resolver and equifax - they just keep saying to all of us that they are waiting for information from company they bought debt off

All of you? How many people and debts are involved here?

A credit card debt can only be in one person's name. Is there a misunderstanding about what's being asked for?
  • Janjel
    Options
    It is still the one company who bought the so called debt of a credit card company I paid off through DMP. But they have been contacted be me directly and I have also reported this to equifax and resolved who each contacted them also
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Janjel wrote: »
    It is still the one company who bought the so called debt of a credit card company I paid off through DMP. But they have been contacted be me directly and I have also reported this to equifax and resolved who each contacted them also

The correct way to challange this is to send Hoist the "provit letter" this asks them to prove their claim against you.

They should then respond with details of the debt, if you still dispute the debt, then you write back and tell them so, providing your evidence to back up your case, you may discover a balance was still outstanding, in which case that will need dealing with.

The last thing you do, if you don`t indeed owe anything, is ask Hoist to remove all such detail from your credit file, any problems with doing that, contact the ICO who can help you.

The credit reference agencies only act on information given to them by the creditors, so asking them to remove data that has yet to be proved either correct or incorrect, is pointless.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Janjel
    Options
    Thank you for this reply, I will send a provit via email as want to keep track of the correspondence. Can I ask what ICO stands for please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure