YouTube to MP3

Options
tazwhoever
tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Are there any free YouTube to MP3 which are without pop ups? I use unblock and update Windows 7.

I want the site which is legit.

Thank you

Comments

• that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    I have not used one for ages, but if you look at this site and read you will find the Aussies ire blocking them.

No idea if they have popups or not

https://torrentfreak.com/aussie-music-industry-wins-first-ever-stream-ripping-site-blocks-190516/
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Are there any free YouTube to MP3 which are without pop ups? I use unblock and update Windows 7.

I want the site which is legit.

Thank you
    Yes but what is unblock
    But what is legit? There are many sites that are legit, but is it legitimate to rip off music without some payment, unless of course the you tube content you want is free of IP rights ...,feel free to discuss.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This was discussed only a few days ago in the thread below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5999291

I'll repeat the disclaimer from that thread here:-

Disclaimer: the audio content of Youtube is not necessarily copyright-free, and even content that appears to be freely provided by copyright holders for streaming cannot be assumed to be copyright-free or otherwise licensed for download unless this is explicitly stated.

Other sites exist that do provide licensed or copyright-free content.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When you watch something you like on you tube copy the you tube link to the site https://2conv.com/downloads/mp3/yt_ZCOSPtyZAPA/

It will convert it to MP3 and you can download a copy for yourself. You can only do this for copywrite free items legally but it works for anything.
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    This was discussed only a few days ago in the thread below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5999291

I'll repeat the disclaimer from that thread here:-

Disclaimer: the audio content of Youtube is not necessarily copyright-free, and even content that appears to be freely provided by copyright holders for streaming cannot be assumed to be copyright-free or otherwise licensed for download unless this is explicitly stated.

Other sites exist that do provide licensed or copyright-free content.

That's a pretty misleading post

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Why is it misleading?

Technically speaking we do not have a legal "get out" clause to make copies of stuff we buy for our own viewing/listening, which is contrary to some other countries. If you have a copy of a Beach Boys ditty or whatever you can't legally make a copy of it for your own personal use to listen in the car; you are supposed to buy another copy. Presumably the same principle applies to YouTube.

Of course what what you supposed to do and what you actually do are two entirely different things.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use any video converter myself. It converts many formats to many other formats. Including videos from youtube. You can even convert to an audio track like you want to.
  • Cornucopia
    Options

In what way?
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    In what way?

As a self proclaimed representative of MSE you seem to be inferring that streaming generally equals free of copyright - when that is not the case. The assumption has to be that copyright does exist unless specifically circumvented by something like Creative Commons

Think of when you have a plumber in - there's a nice bag of tools there within arms reach, but they belong to the plumber, not to you - you don't naturally assume that they're your tools - that's what I'm trying to get across

I'm not wanting to get into an argument with anyone here, ripping stuff from youtube/spotify/making copies of Beach Boys CDs or keeping that wrench the plumber left down the back of the toilet is down to personal conscience

Cornucopia, if you want to PM me I can explain my thinking in better detail without the emotion & interuption of a live forum

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Cornucopia
    edited 18 May 2019 at 11:03AM
    Options
    As a self proclaimed representative of MSE...
    To be clear: I am an appointed Board Guide.
    ... you seem to be inferring that streaming generally equals free of copyright - when that is not the case.
    Nope. I never said such a thing. In the context of Youtube, though, I think it is reasonable for an end-user to assume that if a piece of content is on the platform then it is available for streaming. My point was that even if it is reasonable to assume that content is available for streaming, that doesn't confer lack of copyright for other purposes like downloading.
    The assumption has to be that copyright does exist unless specifically circumvented by something like Creative Commons
    Indeed.
    Cornucopia, if you want to PM me I can explain my thinking in better detail without the emotion & interuption of a live forum
    Thanks, but that's unnecessary. I don't think we don't need an extended discussion of copyright to know what's what in the context of questions about content converters.

I was going to leave the thread with a clip of David Walliams seeking a "less pirate-y" option in the toy shop from Little Britain. But it is blocked for copyright violation - how appropriate. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback