Heathrow Long Stay Question

Robshelf
Robshelf Posts: 15 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hi folks,
I'm flying out of Heathrow at the end of the month and rather than rush around on the morning of my flight I'm thinking airport hotel and leisurely morning.
My only experience of Heathrow was using the short stays for a collection earlier this year so my question is, is there anything to stop me parking in the airport long stay then wandering round to the hotel (20 mins according to google), then walking back in the morning to get the shuttle to the terminal?
I've done all the comparsions etc and none of the integrated options are cheaper than booking the two separate. Has anyone done this or know of any reason why I wouldnt be able to?
Terminal 2 btw.
Cheers:beer:

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Worth checking there is a feasible pedestrian route from the car park to the hotel. If there is, I can't see why there would be any other obstacle or restriction.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Which hotel ? Not sure why you'd walk 20mins to hotel to get a shuttle rather than go straight from hotel (Hoppa or service bus depending on location) ?
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,207 Forumite
    I normally use holidayextras.com and get a hotel + parking deal: I've never found it cheaper separately.

Most (all?) of the long-stay car parks have secure fences, so you'd have to go in by the car entrance, which generally means a long walk along a non-pedestrian-friendly road.

Why not park overnight at the hotel, and drive to the CP in the morning?
  • Robshelf
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Which hotel ? Not sure why you'd walk 20mins to hotel to get a shuttle rather than go straight from hotel (Hoppa or service bus depending on location) ?

Premier Inn. The Hoppa bus is £5 as far as I understand, the airport one is free. I walk for a living; 20 mins is nothing given I'm not gonna be in a rush and will only have a back pack.

Car_54 wrote: »
    I normally use holidayextras.com and get a hotel + parking deal: I've never found it cheaper separately.

Most (all?) of the long-stay car parks have secure fences, so you'd have to go in by the car entrance, which generally means a long walk along a non-pedestrian-friendly road.

Why not park overnight at the hotel, and drive to the CP in the morning?

Done holiday extras, and others. By the time you factor in breakfast and the cost of the HOPPA bus theres nothing in it.
    According to street view theres a footpath back from the long stay entrance all the way back round to the premier inn.
    Parking at the hotel was my 1st instinct but on checking the hotel has limited 1st come 1st served parking and I wont be getting there till 8/9pm. Plus theres a cost, I forget what it was but the uplift on the airport carpark for the extra 12 hours was less.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,207 Forumite
    Robshelf wrote: »
    Done holiday extras, and others. By the time you factor in breakfast and the cost of the HOPPA bus theres nothing in it.
    But you'll probably want breakfast in any case. At the airport it's unlikely to cost less.
  • Robshelf
    Car_54 wrote: »
    But you'll probably want breakfast in any case. At the airport it's unlikely to cost less.
    Thats my point, using the comparison its cheaper but the price doesnt include breakfast @ £10-15.

I can get the Premier Inn for £66 including breakfast + £50 for the parking with free bus. Cheapest on holiday extras is £90, breakfast is an additional £15 plus £10 for the bus and I'm not staying where I wanted.
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Which Premier Inn, on Bath Road? Can't you take free public transport to the terminal from there? No need to go back to car park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure