Charged Twice, asking for refund

As per the title, I've been charged twice for an invoice by my parking app.
They are going to look into returning any due monies, but to do so they has asked for a screenshot of the account showing both payments being withdrawn (I'm fine with this) and also the first 6 and final 4 numbers of my card (not sure about this).

This is a recent transactions due, I believe, to my card having been re-issued as previous expired. The account could not pay the amount due as the card was invalid. When I entered the new card details it must have withdrew the amount twice both on same day.

I have provided them with my account number - is that not sufficient?

Is it okay to send these numbers for validation?

Thanks.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You paid by card so not unexpected they ask for the last 4 digits from the card.

They are not asking for the 3 digit security, just the last 4 digits to cross check that you did actually pay twice.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• You paid by card so not unexpected they ask for the last 4 digits from the card.

They are not asking for the 3 digit security, just the last 4 digits to cross check that you did actually pay twice.

They want the first 6 digits and the last 4 digits.
  • The first 6 just indicate which bank issued the card - so that is in the public domain anyway.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    They want the first 6 digits and the last 4 digits.

They'll be dealing with many thousands of transactions a day. They need those parts of the card number in order to track down the transactions that relate to your card.
  • eco_warrior
    eco_warrior Posts: 563 Forumite
    If you are worried just contact your card provider and ask for their help via chargeback. Might be just as quick doing as the retailer asks though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure