IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NO Notification for parking offence

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://parkingcontrolsolutions.co.uk/

That bunch?

Please read the NEWBIES thread post #4 as explained 4 times now. :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • GB1611
    GB1611 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP they state they are going to recommend Parking Control Solutions to take court action against me
  • GB1611
    Options
    Coupon-mad, yes that is the Company
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GB1611 wrote: »
    KeithP they state they are going to recommend Parking Control Solutions to take court action against me
    So?

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Big deal really. DRP cannot do ANYTHING.

You haven't read any other threads yet have you?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you had read the post in the FAQ you would know that we advise you to ignore everything you get except a lbcca or Court correspondence

If and when it comes to that then come to the faq thread for advice on how to deal with court claims. (#2 there)
  • GB1611
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, i have read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and trying to digest but at 70 years of age the little grey cells do not always abosorb as much correctly. The only thing that has me upset is i cannot appeal as i have had no communication what so ever apart from the Debt Recovery letter.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2019 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, i have read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and trying to digest but at 70 years of age the little grey cells do not always abosorb as much correctly. The only thing that has me upset is i cannot appeal as i have had no communication what so ever apart from the Debt Recovery letter.
    Why not follow the guidance offered by Quentin in his most recent post?

That's all you need to do.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is all a scam, which the Government is in the process of shutting down. Do not be intimidated by their threats, the only way they can get a sou out of you is to take you to court and win. IMO they would struggle mightily.

Get your MP on side, they are well familiar with this scam and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies. .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • GB1611
    Options
    KeithP thank you and yes i am going to follow Quentin advice, and when the dreaded letter arrives i will contact the forum.

Thank you all for your help it really is appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport