IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New one on me...

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SolutionLabs - we see them in a number of threads, usually their Ultimate Customer Solutions (debt beggar) arm.

http://www.solutionlabs.uk/index.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh I know the company well enough.
    I meant that particular product/offering
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This grubby little company also run it's own greed traps an IPC member:

http://www.regentparking.co.uk/
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BrownTrout wrote: »
    http://www.hirer.info/ anyone seen this before?
    POFA can only be used when the RK's details are obtained from the DVLA; so bypassing the DVLA will seem to be self defeating.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    POFA can only be used when the RK's details are obtained from the DVLA; so bypassing the DVLA will seem to be self defeating.

It won’t stop most of the chancers quoting it. The vast majority caught in this trap wouldn’t have the foggiest about the intricacies of the Act, or how to argue its relevance (or otherwise).

Yet another manipulation to the detriment of the motorist, just as Excel/VCS have done with their little red card.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judge said little red card was a NTD and dismissed the case, on a facebook page.
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Judge said little red card was a NTD and dismissed the case, on a facebook page.

When, where was this Grimble?
    I've said many times that VCS's claim that their red card was not a NTD when it clearly is a notice given to a driver, needed putting to the test in court.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I honestly dont get why they have gone to these lengths when they used to issue normal windscreen tickets
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    BrownTrout wrote: »
    I honestly dont get why they have gone to these lengths when they used to issue normal windscreen tickets

So they can get after the money within a couple of days rather than a month or more after a windscreen ticket. When applying the red card, the goon has already taken photos that the DVLA accept as ANPR equivalents.

Cash flow - kerching!

• RobinofLoxley
    Options
    BrownTrout

I guess it's so VCS can get a lot of the gullible or unwary to go to their website and scare them into coughing up, before VCS have to spend a few quid getting the keepers details from the DVLA and sending out a NTK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure