Homelife

Options
Hi
dont know if this the right place to put this, i am sure the mods will put it where its supposed to be.
i recently rang up council about homelife and was turned down.
the situation is my elderley mother lives in this house, i am the legal owner and to protect her she is
a benificial owner, she is 83 and is on pension credit, their reasoning was that i am her landlord,
how can this be if she is a benifical owner, or dosent the person on the other end of the line understand.
they said all i can get is eco stuff and we have that already.
it seems like the council website for homelife is misleading, could somebody please explain as i think
a benificial owner is not a tennant to a landlord or maybe i am wrong.
regards to all

Comments

• Afraid_of_Kittens
    Options
    M1JWR wrote: »
    Hi
    dont know if this the right place to put this, i am sure the mods will put it where its supposed to be.
    i recently rang up council about homelife and was turned down.
    the situation is my elderley mother lives in this house, i am the legal owner and to protect her she is
    a benificial owner, she is 83 and is on pension credit, their reasoning was that i am her landlord,
    how can this be if she is a benifical owner, or dosent the person on the other end of the line understand.
    they said all i can get is eco stuff and we have that already.
    it seems like the council website for homelife is misleading, could somebody please explain as i think
    a benificial owner is not a tennant to a landlord or maybe i am wrong.
    regards to all

Whose name is on the deeds?

If it is your name then no she doesb't qualify as a owner occupier.
    I enjoy flower arranging, kittens, devil worship, the study of serial killers and their methods and road kill jigsaws.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure