Issue with Motability Car

I’m very unhappy with the service I have had, even though the car is ok, I did not get the car that was 100% suitable for me and should have had because firstly at first they were not honest with me and didn’t tell me that they had a Renault Captur GT Line in stock at Renault Aldershot SMC even though they supposedly checked on their system.

On Monday 1st April 2019, I ordered a Renault Captur Iconic at My local Renault SMC, it was apparently a car that had already been cancelled and was on the forecourt, I ordered it because they informed me that they did not have a GT Line Captur in stock which is the one that met my requirements and the one I wanted.

However, they were not honest with me and I found out that the other local Renault SMC had one in stock at their branch in the showroom which I could have.

So on Thursday 4th April, I went to the other local Renault and I viewed and sat in the Captur GT Line and made sure it was suitable.

Me and Renault agreed I would have it, Even though I already had a Iconic Renault Captur on order from the other local Renault branch, they were happy to change this, so it was all agreed for me to have the Renault GT Line model.

This met my requirements because of the height of the seats and the heated seats which would be beneficial for my pain issues.

So it was all agreed but then suddenly when I got home Renault wanted to charge me £215 on top of the £595 advance payment of the car because it had a dashcam installed, I have the emails to prove this also.

I spoke to someone from Motability on Friday 5th April regarding this and was told by Motability that if I wanted the car without the dashcam then I could do that and Renault would have to take it off.

However, Renault refused and I couldn’t have the car I wanted and which was more suitable and I had to have the Iconic Renault Captur which I really didn’t want. I felt pressured into having it because they wouldn’t let me have the other one unless I paid £215 for the dashcam, making it over £830 in total with the advance payment on top of the dashcam fee.

The GT Line version was more suitable for me and that is what I wanted and what me and Renault agreed I was going to have.

Then I felt I couldn’t back out for the order of the Iconic Renault Captur so I picked it up on Monday, however the other one is what was more suitable.

I’m really not happy with this because I haven’t got the model I wanted to have and not only felt pressured but Renault made it extremely hard for me and went against what I was told by Motability.

It’s been a stressful experience and after having the opportunity to change my car I’m disappointed that I haven’t got the car that met all of my requirements.

As I say I have all emails confirming I wanted the GT Line version and it was all agreed and all emails from both local Renault dealers stating they would go ahead and arrange for me to collect the Renault Captur GT Line model.

Plus the emails stating they would charge me £215 for the dashcam and also then refusing to remove the dashcam therefore leaving me with no choice but to have the other car and going against what I was told by Motability.

I have several emails that will show all of what I have said.

I will also add that I wasn’t given the chance to inspect the car when I collected it and just had to enter the PIN and it had 12 miles on the clock.

Also the car was described as Desert Orange/Black but is more Brown/Black and isn’t what I ordered and I don’t like it at all, it clearly states Desert Orange/Black on the paperwork.

I have put in a complaint to Motability but don’t expect anything to happen unfortunately.

Comments

• carscoops.com/2014/09/renault-captur-helly-hansen-limited

The colour is like this, I wouldn’t say that’s Desert Orange/Black at all would you?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    carscoops.com/2014/09/renault-captur-helly-hansen-limited

The colour is like this, I wouldn’t say that’s Desert Orange/Black at all would you?

That must be what Renault call Desert Orange. if it is on the paperwork.
  • Also I need to add this:

What I need to add is this:

On 4th April Renault agreed for me to have the GT Line and said they would cancel the order for the Captur Iconic, I have that in writing.

Renault didn’t cancel it and started playing hardball and I ended up with the Captur Iconic lower model without what I wanted or needed.
  • One more thing......

Renault failed to offer or provide a test drive in either car, isn’t that against Motability rules?

I only got to sit in the Captur GT Line model from the other branch which is how I knew that one was suitable as it had leather seats and heated seats.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    One more thing......

Renault failed to offer or provide a test drive in either car, isn’t that against Motability rules?

Nope. It's up to you to request a test drive. The dealer can offer. Test drives may not be available in the particular model/engine that you require. It's nothing to do with Motability rules.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    which is how I knew that one was suitable as it had leather seats and heated seats.

That's what the internet and brochures are for.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    The answer was in your hands, to either pay the couple of hundred pounds extra or wait for the car you wanted to be made
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    The fact that you accepted the car weakens your stance. 9i

You could have refused both cars.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know you don't want to hear this but ....
    Your complaint makes you sound like a spoilt teenager.

You ordered a car. Then you found a nicer car. So you ordered the nicer car from another dealer.

Now, you don't tell us that you went back to the first dealer and asked them to cancel, so I'm guessing you didn't.
    The dealerships and motability have to do quite a lot of paperwork (well screenwork) when you order a car, and my guess is that motability got 2 orders in your name, and as they hadn't had a cancellation for the first one, that's what they processed. Which is why you ended up with the first car.

So, please learn from this. in 3 years time do your research BEFORE you finalise an order. If you need to change/cancel an order have the courtesy to let the dealer know, and give the lovely people at motability a call to make sure everything is OK.
    In the meantime, if a heated seat is so important to you invest in one of these https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-accessories-products/car-interior-accessories/car-comfort-accessories/?550774330&0&cc5_726&type=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw19DlBRCSARIsAOnfRejVYcMnj9ST-y7Fm8kns2UiirShvJLunSfzzrIUBpZs2oJQRHGJUs8aAj9qEALw_wcB

I think that we are very lucky to have cars available to us on Motability, it's a great scheme for those of us who really need a reliable vehicle.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure