Frustrated with Nationwide.

Options
A4445
A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
I applied on Tuesday for a small loan with Nationwide. Application went through fine and had a congratulations message saying loan was approved and the fund released was approved and expect funds within two hours.

No funds arrived. Spoke to Nationwide Wednesday morning, they state my application was pulled for auditing by their head office. They couldn’t really explain what this was, but expect this to be resolved in two working days and call at 4pm today for an update if the funds were still not with me.

Called and no news. This has me slightly worried I’ve done something wrong. I was a victim of fraud last year and have a protective CIFAS this is they only thing I believe it could be. However I applied for a nation wide current account last week and this was approved with a 1k overdraft immediately. No further checks.

Does anybody have any idea what’s going on?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This sounds as if it may be part of their routine and random audit process and have nothing to do with you personally - particularly given the overdraft facility approved on your new current account last week. I think it's just a coincidence, but if I were you I'd give them another call in the morning to see how your loan application is progressing. Good luck!
  • A4445
    Options
    I just feel I’m running around after them.

I really think it shouldn’t have said approved and funds will be with you shortly. It should be application refered and we will get back to you in 2/3 working days!
  • Dean000000
    Dean000000 Posts: 612 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2019 at 9:45PM
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »
    I just feel I’m running around after them.

I really think it shouldn’t have said approved and funds will be with you shortly. It should be application refered and we will get back to you in 2/3 working days!

Awww boo hoo man....

Do you want their money or not?

They don’t owe you duty to loan you money. Abide by their terms and be slightly more tolerant...

Especially from someone with previous for bankruptcy!
  • A4445
    Options
    Dean000000 wrote: »
    Awww boo boo man....

Do you want their money or not?

They don’t owe you duty to loan you money. Abide by their terms and be slightly more tolerant...

Especially from someone with previous for bankruptcy!

Rude and judgmental much?

If you have nothing helpful to say don’t bother.
  • NewToTheUkAgain
    Options
    It does seem a bit odd, both my partners loans with them was paid within an hour...
  • Dean000000
    Options
    Rude and judgmental much?

If you have nothing helpful to say don’t bother.

You don’t see any link between a nervous lender and your previous bankruptcy? No?
  • A4445
    Options
    Dean000000 wrote: »
    You don’t see any link between a nervous lender and your previous bankruptcy? No?

Haha nobody cares it was years ago...I’ve had a credit card with them for years.

Even my mortgage lender wasn’t interested. MA stated...” these things happen” sign here please!
  • NewToTheUkAgain
    Options
    Dean - have some empathy with people, not everyone can forsee bankruptcy and we all make mistakes.
  • A4445
    Options
    I really don’t care what you or anybody thinks. I had my reasons...all lenders care about is how much money they can get out of you.

I will speak to Nationwide tomorrow and see what they say.
  • Dean000000
    Options
    I really don’t care what you or anybody thinks. I had my reasons...all lenders care about is how much money they can get out of you.

I will speak to Nationwide tomorrow and see what they say.

Or they consider their risk portfolio and need extra time to consider your loan

Either way, you act as though they owe you something, when they don’t.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure