It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

And a huge thank you to pretty much all of you who gave me your opinion on beards. Lovely to hear some of your tales from yesteryear and how your OH's facial hair has changed since then. Made me chuckle. I've light brown hair, so I think I'll shave it down to a light beard/heavy stubble. Best of both worlds.

This morning I packed my car with my stuff for the weekend back in Scotland. (Very) quick visit to the gym followed by work and I'll leave here at 2pm to get home at a decent time. Need to go via IKEA as I am going to redeem my voucher I got from the Christmas tree to buy a mirror for my hall. Then that way, I can borrow the relevant tools off my step-dad.

Really looking forward to the weekend, it will be nice to see everyone again. Not seen them since just after new year, so what's that, 5 or 6 weeks? Feels like ages.

Family holiday booked last night too. £105 for flights to Malaga in September for a week and as it's my parents timeshare, I'll only need spending money. Bargain and gives me something to look forward to.

Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Enjoy the weekend Speky!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I left work early and quickly darted to IKEA to grab a mirror I had my eye on and when I used the voucher I got at Christmas time when I bought my tree, it only cost me £5. Drove up the road no problem at all and quickly got changed and headed to my mates - who is also my tenant - 30th birthday party. All my other pals were there so it was great to see them all again. Mixed reactions on the beard I had grown since I seem then last, so I've shaved it down a bit, more of a thick stubble now in case you were wondering.

Saturday I had the dentist and opticians followed by a dinner with the family to celebrate my grans birthday which was of course really nice. Overall, a lovely couple of days were had and I'm now back down the road ready for the week ahead.

I'm hoping to attend the gym tonight followed by a blood orange chicken stir fry. I've also got some ironing to do soon, too.

Managed a NSD on Saturday so I'm up to 5 for the month. Poor show.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning one and all,

Cold but dry here this morning.

Yesterday I stayed late in work, super late in fact, then left for my yoga class at 7.30. The class is really good and I like the teacher, very friendly and positive. Exactly what you'd expect from a yoga teacher actually. It didn't finish till 9.15 so not much else I could do with my evening.

No gym this morning as I slept through my damn alarm. I'll go after work. Try and leave on time today as I also have a growing mountain of ironing to do which is annoying me.

Chicken quesadillas for dinner tonight. Never actually made them before so god knows how they'll end up.

Yesterday was NSD #6
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Didn't get the chance to come on here yesterday as I was back down in London for the day at a trade show. Busy and lonnnggggg day was had. Had to buy my own food and drink but will be put back through as expenses, but it disrupts my YNAB tracking a bit. A minor pain and very much a case of 'first world problems'.

Back to normality somewhat today. Work > gym > some new recipe which included a turkey breast. £3 for 1 breast?! Seems a bit steep. I've never bought it or cooked with it before but given I can get 5 x chicken breasts for something not far off that, I thought it was a bit pricey.

Still have a humongous pile of ironing to do. Which I WILL do tonight. Mark my words.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone and happy Friday!!

Late night in work again yesterday, followed by the gym meant i didn't get home till closer to 8.30. The new turkey recipe I tried turned out ok I suppose, I'll make a couple of changes next time. By the time I finished it and tidied up it was 10pm. So I lied when I said I was going to do that ironing, sorry.

A very restless night sleep meant I (again) skipped the gym this morning and opted to go this evening, providing of course I leave at reasonable time. Peri peri sausages with cauliflower mash for dinner tonight. Not sure what I'll get up to over the weekend either.

NSD #9 today
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone,

I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend.

I had an offer to go for 'a few' drinks on Saturday but I knew it was going to be messy. Instead I opted to save myself the cash and the hangover and instead, I was super productive. The weekend was filled with lots of healthy cooking, yoga, exercise, tidying up, preparing for the week ahead. etc. I enjoyed it.

Woke up at 5am this morning feeling great. Ready to seize the day and the week ahead. So I got up and went to the gym and packed my stuff to go again after work - only for yoga though. Meals are all organised for the week ahead so don't see any reason to spend unnecessarily. Even managed a NSD on Sunday, so today will be #11.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    That was very angelic of you - turning down a big night on the drink!
    I always like the bonus of feeling good when I haven't been drinking, being able to wake up properly without feeling fuzzy and grumpy.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    That was very angelic of you - turning down a big night on the drink!
    I always like the bonus of feeling good when I haven't been drinking, being able to wake up properly without feeling fuzzy and grumpy.

Yeah that's true. But wait...didn't you have a hangover not so long ago :rotfl:

Morning everyone,

I stuck to my good intentions and I went to the gym followed by my yoga class last night. It was really hard this time. Well, it always is for me as the most inflexible person in the world but I actually was embarrassed to have the occasional drip of sweat drop from my nose doing the downward dog or whatever. But, the feeling I get afterwards is very unique. I feel very happy, content and loving. I just want to give someone a hug. It's weird. I've also reached the milestone of going so often that the teacher knows my name, which for some reason I'm proud of.

Anyway, back at it today. Gym this morning although it was a bit harder to get out of bed. Need to leave at 5 on the dot today as I have the gas man coming over to have a look my noisy boiler. I think I'll go a run after he's been.

Got a message from my mum to say my step-brother has turned vegan to match his current girlfriend. Madness if you ask me, especially as he goes to the gym as much as I and will miss out on those much needed nutrients but I suppose he is trying to make his Mrs life a bit easier. Each to their own.

NSD #12
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh, I had a stinking hangover at the weekend. And again not so many weekends ago :rotfl: Since I reached my 40's my recovery time has gone up four fold so generally drinking isn't worth the pain afterwards - so it's not an every weekend thing, and definitely not on a school night.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback