🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help to buy Isa question - help any experts?

Options
So I opened a help to buy isa 2 years ago with good intentions and never saved a penny in it :(

Fast forward two years and I want to purchase a new property in august this year. I want to start saving in the htb isa. I’m aware I can only put in £200 per month as I missed the opportunity to put in £1200 when I first opened it.

Is it possible to close the htb isa I currently have which I’ve never saved any money in and open a new one which would enable me to credit £1200 into in the first month?

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes if you have not made any contributions this tax year (or before) then you are fine to close it and open a new one. Although if you stay with the same provider it might be worth checking their IT systems will let you do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport