Options
2»

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    koahhe wrote: »
    The buyers details are genuine. The address on the eBay account is a address of a nursery in Lancashire and I have called the number on the account and spoke with a lady who seemed very genuine, I have recorded the conversation. She said she didn't use ebay for a very long time and the day before she noticed the PayPal transaction on her account. I have searched her and the nursery is registered with Ofsted on her name. The phone was collected by a guy who said he is buyers boyfriend. He was logged in on her ebay account and he left me feedback before leaving my house. Unfortunately I don't have any details of this guy. I have it reported to the police and Action Fraud and that's where it will probably end.

Unfortunately it probably will.

Have you blocked the handset?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The buyers details are genuine. The address on the eBay account is a address of a nursery in Lancashire and I have called the number on the account and spoke with a lady who seemed very genuine, I have recorded the conversation. She said she didn't use ebay for a very long time and the day before she noticed the PayPal transaction on her account. I have searched her and the nursery is registered with Ofsted on her name. The phone was collected by a guy who said he is buyers boyfriend. He was logged in on her ebay account and he left me feedback before leaving my house. Unfortunately I don't have any details of this guy. I have it reported to the police and Action Fraud and that's where it will probably end.

Blackburn?
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have the buyer's details but what can I do with them if he says he's account was hacked?
    You could sue him and see what a civil court makes of your respective stories.
  • koahhe
    Options
    Unfortunately it probably will.

Have you blocked the handset?

Yes I have blacklisted the phone already.
  • koahhe
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Blackburn?

It's not Blackburn. It's a small city to the west.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Blackburn?

What's that got to do with anything?
  • koahhe
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    You could sue him and see what a civil court makes of your respective stories.

I did think about this option too. Before he left the guy asked me if I can email the invoice of the phone to the buyers address wich was exactly the email the buyer has on paypal. When I spoke with her on the phone she seemed genuine but how is it possible to have your email , paypal and ebay hacked and you not to notice any weird things happening? I dont know. I find very strange all that happened.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    If the email account is compromised it's easy to get other passwords reset and delete the evidence, so it's entirely possible for the victim not to notice if they don't use the accounts regularly.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's that got to do with anything?

Thought youd be following me..:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income