Warm Home Discount

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I applied for the first time due to change of circumstances (benefits I receive).
My questions are: when can I expect the rebate in my account?
Will the supplier tell you straight away if you're not qualify/eligible?

After I applied, I received a confirmation letter from my energy supplier to say they've received my application and I don't have to do anything else. The letter doesn't really tell me whether yes I'll get it or not.

Should I contact my supplier to confirm or just wait and see?

Thanks.

San

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    sanova76 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I applied for the first time due to change of circumstances (benefits I receive).
    My questions are: when can I expect the rebate in my account?
    Will the supplier tell you straight away if you're not qualify/eligible?

After I applied, I received a confirmation letter from my energy supplier to say they've received my application and I don't have to do anything else. The letter doesn't really tell me whether yes I'll get it or not.

Should I contact my supplier to confirm or just wait and see?

Thanks.

San
    They never tell you straight away. They will write to you at some point to tell you whether you're successful or not.

I've been claiming this since it started. I'm with SSE and usually receive my money on my account sometime in March. I applied in October and haven't received a letter yet tell me i've been successful.

It really depends who your energy supplier is as to when you receive it but it can be anytime from December to March.
  • I'm also with SSE and it was credited to my account early Decemeber, they did write in November to say I qualified (again) perhaps OP you could contact your supplier for an update?
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    venison wrote: »
    I'm also with SSE and it was credited to my account early Decemeber, they did write in November to say I qualified (again) perhaps OP you could contact your supplier for an update?

Iv'e had 2 e-mails from Sse confirming I meet whd and will be contacted from. 3RD party if any more info is required.
    Hope I receive credit soon as I'll take a small cash refund as my account is upto date and in credit.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Hi
    In the past I’ve not received it into my electricity account until end of March.
    Having changed recently to EON I’ve had a letter saying it will be on my next statement which is due in the next few weeks,
    But I did get a letter saying I was successful first so if you haven’t had that maybe you’ve not been accepted?
  • poppy12345
    But I did get a letter saying I was successful first so if you haven’t had that maybe you’ve not been accepted?
    It's still only beginning of January, there's plenty of time to be accepted and receive the letter. The past few years i've not received the letter until mid Feb.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi
    In the past I’ve not received it into my electricity account until end of March.
    Having changed recently to EON I’ve had a letter saying it will be on my next statement which is due in the next few weeks,

Hello ScotlandTigerblue and it's good we've confirmed you'll be receiving the 2018/19 Warm Home Discount payment.

We started making these payments in October 18 and all payments will be made by 31 March 19. This is the case for all customers in the Broader Group (where applications are made directly to us) provided they don't change electricity supplier or move home before the payment is made.

Glad your application has been successful ScotlandTigerblue.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I received my EON WHD Broader group payment on to my account at the beginning of December and I applied early September.
    I'm Ever hopeful!
    :j:j:j:j
  • What is the number to contact EON about this ? I suspect I would be eligible as I am on a very low income .
    My last supplier did not do this scheme
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Nullboris wrote: »
    What is the number to contact EON about this ? I suspect I would be eligible as I am on a very low income .

Information on EON website https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount. Button for online application.

Indicates that the scheme usually closes in Nov/Dec.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy12345
    Nullboris wrote: »
    What is the number to contact EON about this ? I suspect I would be eligible as I am on a very low income .
    All energy suppliers have their own criteria for this for the broader group but some you have to be on certain benefits to qualify. You apply online, not ring them.

Having looked at EON you have to be on certain benefits to qualify for the broader group. Some suppliers have already started to pay out and it's on a first come first serve basis, so if you do qualify you maybe too late. See link for how to apply for EON.
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure