Sofa so uncomfortable.

Options
2»

Comments

• Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In the real world Argos are a very reasonable company to deal with, I'd suggest you give them a ring and see what they say. It might be worth adding that you had no way of testing it without assembly.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know a lot of people will disagree, but the one thing I would never do is buy a sofa without sitting on it first. Yes, this does limit me to bricks and mortar outlets, but it's no fun living with something uncomfortable.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I know a lot of people will disagree,
    Not me :)
    but the one thing I would never do is buy a sofa without sitting on it first. Yes, this does limit me to bricks and mortar outlets, but it's no fun living with something uncomfortable.
    Ditto
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I know a lot of people will disagree, but the one thing I would never do is buy a sofa without sitting on it first. Yes, this does limit me to bricks and mortar outlets, but it's no fun living with something uncomfortable.

I agree.

People buy from Argos because it is cheap. It isn't a sofa shop.
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    buying a sofa online is a bad choice you need to go to a sofa supplier and sit in them all till you find one you like. Argos is cheap n nasty
  • greyteam1959
    Options

Same goes with beds & mattresses............
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same goes with beds & mattresses............

Absolutely!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zandoni wrote: »
    In the real world Argos are a very reasonable company to deal with, I'd suggest you give them a ring and see what they say. It might be worth adding that you had no way of testing it without assembly.

Couldn't disagree more.

In their shops they are a superb organisation, very amenable and helpful especially after sales.

Their online setup is terrible, from the quality of the furniture they sell, to their delivery teams and customer service both on the phone and online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure