Pip claim

Options
Hi all can anyone help me please I was on DLA and it swopped to PIP in November 2017 Both parts were Enhanced daily living and mobility the award was surposed to be from Nov 2017 to Oct 2019 this week I had a new form to fill in so dose the PIP last how many years im under going chemo and waiting for an opp to remove the other half of my liver any info please

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 October 2018 at 11:30AM
    Options
    The DWP usually review the claim one year before end date

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Claiming-Personal-Independence-Payment-(PIP)/Review-or-renew-PIP-claim

Some help on how to complete the form

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/help-with-your-pip-review-form/

Do be aware of the time frames for completion and how to ask for an extension if you need it.
  • ktate
    ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    THANK YOU for the help its much appreciated nothing worse than trying to fill forms in while having chemo and feeling crap also waiting for the hospital to decide if they will remove the other half of my liver time will tell iv only waited 12 month for them to decide after they removed half last October cheers for your help
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When filling out the review form, don't be fooled by the shortened version. You need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Evidence will need to be sent with the form as they rare contact anyone for this.

If you need extra time to return those forms then ring DWP and ask for another 14 days and they'll extend the time for you.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them, even for a review. Your PIP will continue until a decision is made and if success then a new award date will be given. If not successful your PIP will end 4 weeks after a decision's been made regardless of the time left on your existing award. Good luck.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It may be worth seeing if the Nurses / hospital staff can refer you to a Macmillan Welfare Adviser, who could help you complete the PIP form and, possibly, apply for a grant.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/organising/benefits-and-financial-support/benefits-and-your-rights/help-getting-financial-support.html

When completing the forms make sure you tell them about the time it takes you to do personal care tasks, the fatigue you experience, and how you are afterwards.
    With PIP - if you can't do an activity reliably, to an adequate standard, and in a reasonable time period (i.e. no more than twice as long as the
    maximum period that a non-disabled person would normally take), then you should be assessed as not being able to do that activity and be awarded points.

This guide (page 73) gives you more info:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/725533/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-assessment-criteria.pdf

Best wishes.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ktate
    Options
    Thank you to all your great replies
    iv been in touch with Disability solutions and they filled my form in last time I didn't have a face to face has my gp wrote to them the disability solution lady has told me just to fill the mobility part in and send it back saying my gp has sent the form ds1500 iv also had a message off the dwp saying they have received the written report of my pip assessment and they will write once the decision has ben made on my pip has a guide I should hear within 6 weeks but do I trust the dwp my gp or the lady from disability solutions at times like this we don't really need the hassle but I surpose there are others worse off
  • calcotti
    Options
    ktate wrote: »
    Thank you to all your great replies
    iv been in touch with Disability solutions and they filled my form in last time I didn't have a face to face has my gp wrote to them the disability solution lady has told me just to fill the mobility part in and send it back saying my gp has sent the form ds1500 iv also had a message off the dwp saying they have received the written report of my pip assessment and they will write once the decision has ben made on my pip has a guide I should hear within 6 weeks but do I trust the dwp my gp or the lady from disability solutions at times like this we don't really need the hassle but I surpose there are others worse off

If you have a DS1500 you should hear within a couple of weeks of DWP receiving it, not the normal 6 weeks (plus).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ktate
    Options
    Thank you callcotti iv not got physically in my position the ds1500 the lady at disability solution asked me to ask my gp for an upto date one has they only last for 6 months but she said just fill the last pages about mobility and sign it and send it off with a note saying gp has sent ds1500 but I don't know if he has sent an upto date one or a copy of the last one he did last year all a bit confussing so im going to ring the gp and the disability lady on Monday iv had a text message off the dwp and they said they have received the written report and they will write when they have made a decision I should hear from them within 6 weeks we will see then cheers
  • calcotti
    Options
    ktate wrote: »
    Thank you callcotti iv not got physically in my position the ds1500 the lady at disability solution asked me to ask my gp for an upto date one has they only last for 6 months but she said just fill the last pages about mobility and sign it and send it off with a note saying gp has sent ds1500 but I don't know if he has sent an upto date one or a copy of the last one he did last year all a bit confussing so im going to ring the gp and the disability lady on Monday iv had a text message off the dwp and they said they have received the written report and they will write when they have made a decision I should hear from them within 6 weeks we will see then cheers

Good idea to clarify whether DS1500 has been sent by GP. If not ask them if they think it appropriate to issue another one. If necessary, and if you are able, collect it from GP and post a copy to the DWP (they don't need the original). Your hospital consultant or CNS can also write them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure