IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

As parking cornwall

Options
mattymarlow
mattymarlow Posts: 16 Forumite
edited 17 September 2018 at 1:14PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all

The infamous A S PARKING NEWQUAY CORNWALL who are ATHENS SECURITY SERVICES Ltd placed a ticket on our car

I was in the Padstow, Harbour Car Park where according to them it was "parked in an area that is not designated for parking"

It was actually slightly over the line in a bay and correct ticket purchased

The original ticket has not been paid, and have now had the 1st letter asking for £100

Happy to just ignore it to be honest, but probably not the best way forward?

TIA, MM

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    Options
    NEWBIES Thread
    Remove any inference over who could have parked the vehicle. Better safe than sorry.
    Not seen AS parking try a court claim in a long time now, unless others can correct me?
  • mattymarlow
    Options
    NEWBIES Thread
    Remove any inference over who could have parked the vehicle. Better safe than sorry.
    Not seen AS parking try a court claim in a long time now, unless others can correct me?

Interesting

So simply ignore?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Interesting

So simply ignore?

Nope. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky - post #1 will get you started on this. You need to engage with them so, should they issue court proceedings, they can't argue that you have made no attempt to resolve this.

No court claims this year, but have issued ~100 in th previous two years.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Athens_Security_Services.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mattymarlow
    Options
    thank you very much :):money
  • mattymarlow
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Nope. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky - post #1 will get you started on this. You need to engage with them so, should they issue court proceedings, they can't argue that you have made no attempt to resolve this.

No court claims this year, but have issued ~100 in th previous two years.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Athens_Security_Services.html

Hi

Where is "the NEWBIES FAQ sticky - post #1" please? Finding navigation on here tricky as very rarely use the site

Many thanks, MM
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread is the third thread down from the top of this forum

post one is post#1 , look at the top right of any post and you will see a hash and the post number, starting with #1 , whereas my post here is post #7 and your last post was #6

so NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, post #1 is what you seem to be looking for
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Crikey!!

Have you really been searching for the NEWBIES thread for the whole of the last four weeks?

What was the date of the alleged parking event?

Have they sent you a Notice to Keeper yet?
    If so, when did you receive it?

You appear to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here.
  • mattymarlow
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Crikey!!

Have you really been searching for the NEWBIES thread for the whole of the last four weeks?

What was the date of the alleged parking event?

Have they sent you a Notice to Keeper yet?
    If so, when did you receive it?

You appear to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here.

Errrrrrrrrr no..... I have been busy running 3 businesses and a family ;) Yes I have been sent the Notice to keeper 11th September
  • mattymarlow
    Options
    Latest from AS PARKING.... "Thank you for your template email, the majority of which is either of no relevance to this case (reference to VRN and machines) or is a request for information that you already have i.e. the fact that your vehicle was not parked in a bay.

Your email encompasses wording that could be considered to be a 'Subject Access Request', as such we require this to be submitted formally.

In order to process your request, we will require proof of identity; as we are required to protect data and ensure that only the data subject has access to it.

An acceptable form of ID would be a copy of your driving licence.

As a side note, if payment is not forthcoming, court papers will be served at the address that we have on file; it is your responsibility to provide updated details should you relocate.

We look forward to hearing from you"

Kind Regards
    Administration Department
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills