Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Stephen B
    • By MSE Stephen B 16th Oct 18, 12:30 PM
    • 64Posts
    • 13Thanks
    MSE Stephen B
    MSE News: New automatic energy switching service launches
    • 16th Oct 18, 12:30 PM
    MSE News: New automatic energy switching service launches 16th Oct 18 at 12:30 PM
    A new automatic energy switching service that promises to move you whenever a cheaper deal comes along launches today...
    Read the full story:
    'New automatic energy switching service launches'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 16th Oct 18, 1:06 PM
    • 5,298 Posts
    • 2,647 Thanks
    Consumerist
    • 16th Oct 18, 1:06 PM
    • 16th Oct 18, 1:06 PM
    If this process is going to rely on Ofgem's cranky definition of "savings" then I think I'll give it a miss.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • archived user
    • 16th Oct 18, 1:19 PM
    • 16th Oct 18, 1:19 PM
    How exactly does this work’ You then have 14 days to let it know if you don't want to switch, otherwise Weflip will notify the new provider which will then move over your supply.’?

The energy contract is with the supplier not a third-party. SLCs give a 14 day cooling off period. Are people using this service going to see switches taking anything from 35 to 49 days from application?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Oct 18, 3:29 PM
    • 5,141 Posts
    • 8,610 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 16th Oct 18, 3:29 PM
    • 16th Oct 18, 3:29 PM
    Sounds like a minefield to me and fit only for those too lazy to do their own comparisons and switch their own supplies. What is to stop these potential fly-by-nights from switching people every other day if there is money in it for them regardless of how much it costs their "customers"? Fools rush in...
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 16th Oct 18, 6:43 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 2,059 Thanks
    MABLE
    • 16th Oct 18, 6:43 PM
    • 16th Oct 18, 6:43 PM
    I'll do it myself thanks.
    • Biggus Dickus
    • By Biggus Dickus 17th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 574 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    Biggus Dickus
    • 17th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 17th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    Sounds like a minefield to me and fit only for those too lazy to do their own comparisons and switch their own supplies. What is to stop these potential fly-by-nights from switching people every other day if there is money in it for them regardless of how much it costs their "customers"? Fools rush in...
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Perfect for me then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,899Users online

Martin's Twitter