TSB Credit Card Nonsense Reporting

Options
Ben8282
Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
edited 12 October 2018 at 9:03PM in Credit file & ratings
Although TSB have now updated credit files after their problems earlier this year, they are continuing to report nonsense.
Below is what has been reported on my Experian credit report for the last 6 reporting periods

Status 0 0 0 0 0 0
Balance 26 23 0 0 1174 1027
Payment Amount 0 0 25 1175 205 529
Previous Balance 23 0 0 24 0 529

The card is paid in full every month after the statement has been issued. There have been no instances of any payment been made prior to the issue of a statement or of payments having been made against 0 balance statements.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 13 October 2018 at 10:23AM
    Options
    At the time of TSB reporting to the CRA the card may have had a balance on it.

Not all lenders submit the statement or cleared balances to the CRA’s
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck with fixing that. I closed my credit card in May and they're still reporting it S open. I phoned and received a promise to fix it, but I am still waiting.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    At the time of Lloyd’s reporting to the CRA the card may have had a balance on it.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

TSB hasn't been part of Lloyds for about 4 years.

It's definitely a thing that TSB are submitting incorrect data to the CRAs, mine is equally borked.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My bad. Corrected to TSB
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My bad. Corrected to TSB

Your correction doesn't really help. They're reporting incorrect information, that's all there is to it.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    Your correction doesn't really help. They're reporting incorrect information, that's all there is to it.

TSB`s computer software meltdown was much more wide spread than they care to admit, there whole system was affected, and from what people are saying, it still is affected.

I can see a large regulator investigation into TSB shortly, and an appropriate redress program in the not too distant future.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Ben8282
    edited 13 October 2018 at 1:35PM
    Options
    At the time of TSB reporting to the CRA the card may have had a balance on it.

Well yes but I don't pay attention to the 'balance' figure as that only represents the actual balance of the account on whatever date they report to the CRA.
    Look at the previous balance (which should be the balance on the previous statement) figure and the payment amount figure. Where a card is paid in full every month these figures should be identical for each month when the amount paid is the same as the statement balance.
    According to this, in month 5 I paid £205 against a nil statement, in month 4 I paid £1175 against a statement with a balance of £24, in month 3 I paid £25 against a nil statement, and in month 1 I paid nothing against a statement with a balance of £23. All incorrect.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    This happens with lots of credit card provides. I pay my balance in full with Amex and Natwest but my credit file always shows the statement balance. I wouldn’t worry tho
  • Ben8282
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »
    This happens with lots of credit card provides. I pay my balance in full with Amex and Natwest but my credit file always shows the statement balance. I wouldn’t worry tho

You have clearly failed to understand what I am saying here.
    I am an experienced credit card user and familiar with credit card reporting.
    I know what I am talking about.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    You have clearly failed to understand what I am saying here.
    I am an experienced credit card user and familiar with credit card reporting.
    I know what I am talking about.

Is it causing you a particular issue though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure