Evoque reliability 2016-17

Options
Hi, Hoping to get some advice as to Range Rover Evoque's reliability manufactured in
2016-17. My research highlight older models are prone to unreliability ranging from mechanical to electrical issues. I'm hoping the more recent models haven't such problems. The Mrs has her heart set on the Evoque though I'm hesitant given the not so good reviews read on them. In particular she's after the SE Tec Eco version. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanking in advance.

Comments

• verityboo
    verityboo Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    Have you looked at the Honest John site here:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/land-rover/range-rover-evoque-2011/good/

Not seen any evidence that Land Rovers reliability has suddenly improved in the last couple of years!
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is that the Front Wheel Drive model rather than 4x4? Personally, I would look a late model Freelander 2 rather than an Evoque. The FL2 was reputed to be LR’s most reliable product and had had most of the gremlins ironed out, before its next incarnation as the Evoque. Either way, make sure you take out a good extended warranty - I am not normally a fan of warranties on used cars, but you would get the comfort of being covered for any of the really expensive items failing.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Check carefully for rattles and creaks before you buy, too.
  • savvysearcher
    Options
    Thanks for responses. Looking at front wheel drive. Was hoping reliability had improved but doesn’t seem so to any significant level. Not considered FL2. She really has heart set on evoque. If there was more positives I would be more willing to support her on it but sadly remain unconvinced.
  • Apodemus
    Options
    All the LR offering look so similar from the front that I’m not sure she would ever notice if you got an FL2! Much better load space height in the FL2, though. By going older you could get all the bells and whistles and a much more comfortable car. Don’t go for one with big wheels and rubber band tyres, though - ride comfort is much better with a decent height of tyre wall between axle and road!
  • Apodemus
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    Check carefully for rattles and creaks before you buy, too.

Lol! Some say that the Wilks brothers started with a rattle and designed a vehicle around it. A tradition that has been upheld by LR ever since! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure