PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 13th October 2018

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2018 at 10:23AM
    Morning all

Very mild here too its quite strange !! although good for drying the washing, I have my work clothes in the wash and a towel load to go in after and then OH can put his work clothes in might get then dry on the line today, tomorrow is supposed to be rain all day.

Autoglass came and fitted my new windows on the car so all secure now, although he asked to to go over and check it and he led me to one side of the car and then asked for payment, I said I needed to check the other side, and when I went round I found he had put tinted glass in one window, I asked him about it and he said that he hadn't noticed it was tinted (really ??? ) and then tried to say that I had ordered it (yes right I am going to order tinted for one window only !!) so they are coming again Tuesday to fit a clear one !!

House is clean and tidy so only minimum housework to do I am going shopping later with dd and I think we are going for lunch there tomorrow :T

Glad the Holly news is positive and love and hugs to the TA's xx

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,030 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Ollie - I certainly know Runrig, I saw them live many times.

At one gig at Newcastle City Hall Donnie appeared next to me for part of Loch Lomond. We were upstairs, front of the balcony right at the aisle. Mind you I wasn't keen on the new singer when Donnie left, and I'm not keen on his solo stuff so I'm stuck in a time warp of around High.

Still, lovely to hear about your fame! Congratulations

Cranky - sorry! :p
  • Gers wrote: »
    Ollie - I certainly know Runrig, I saw them live many times.

At one gig at Newcastle City Hall Donnie appeared next to me for part of Loch Lomond. We were upstairs, front of the balcony right at the aisle. Mind you I wasn't keen on the new singer when Donnie left, and I'm not keen on his solo stuff so I'm stuck in a time warp of around High.

Still, lovely to hear about your fame! Congratulations

Cranky - sorry! :p

I'm sorry you didn't 'take' to Bruce when he joined. I only became a fan around 1997 (just before Donnie decided to leave), so was delighted that they were going to continue - I may not have felt like that if I'd been a fan for a long time. Donnie and his band did a brilliant set at the 'Last Dance Concert' in Stirling and have to say that Runrig did us all proud - not a dry eye in the arena :cry:. The sight of Malcolm sobbing behind his guitar kicked us all off again.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone
    Most miserable day here...its pouring. Done some ironing, cleaned bathrooms, dusted and hoovered....the rest of my morning will be quite lazy! Still don't feel 100% after sickness bug earlier in the week....I keep getting really sharp pains in my tummy and just feel a bit yucky!
    Hope you all have a bit better weather than us
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everybody,

Very blustery here & a lot of water coming down the river in the bottom but I think thats from rain in the night because it's not actually rained that much yesterday or this morning.

Thanks Nelski for the update & would you pass on my best wishes to Holly for next week please.I'm glad she is being well looked after.

DGS other Grandads funeral went off very well yesterday,the family wanted it to be a celebration of his life.All 4 of his children & his granddaughter got up to speak about him ,it was very moving,and most of the grandchildren were there too,apart from the 2 youngest. DS ex thought he was too young,but he came afterwards.Its a bit strange being an 'ex' at a funeral but we all thought a lot of him and we were welcomed.DS got a bit emotional when members of the family he hadnt seen since the split came up and hugged him/shook hands & said it was good to see him. Fortunately he has a good relationship with his ex,and her husband.

The DGC are staying over tonight,and DH and I are just nipping into town before they get here, to Marks ( sorry Holly )

Ollie- I actually have a Runrig CD, I worked with a woman in the 90s who was a big fan.

HUGS to all in need xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,030 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm sorry you didn't 'take' to Bruce when he joined. I only became a fan around 1997 (just before Donnie decided to leave), so was delighted that they were going to continue - I may not have felt like that if I'd been a fan for a long time. Donnie and his band did a brilliant set at the 'Last Dance Concert' in Stirling and have to say that Runrig did us all proud - not a dry eye in the arena :cry:. The sight of Malcolm sobbing behind his guitar kicked us all off again.

It wasn't so much him, the sound changed. That was inevitable. They were a big part of my life, along with Hue & Cry and Blue Nile. Very happy memories of some very happy times.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Nelski, so pleased that Holly's consultant is treating her with the consideration she deserves, especially after the rough time she had earlier this year. What happened to her was really disgraceful.

After saying I would not watch 'the wedding' OH put the TV on, so although I did not watch all of it, I did 'hear it'. I think she was very brave to show the scar on her back, most people would have covered it up.

We had a really wild windy day yesterday and the wind is continuing this morning. I am glad we called off our visit to my quilting friend, we are going tomorrow for lunch instead.

OH really is well enough to do without the support from his carers, he is able to do most things for himself now, just needs his aqueous cream putting on his back and legs. It looks like we will be finishing the carers at the end of the month.

I did have words with him yesterday, the arch in the garden has snapped, he wanted to go out and 'sort it out' harsh words were spoken and he decided that it was too windy!!gammon, eggs, tomato and fried bread for supper tonight. My friend nipped in yesterday with a victoria sponge her daughter had made for us.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2018 at 12:21PM
    Hello lovelies, nice weather for ducks here :rotfl:.
    The wind will not give up but the rain is trying to stop. We also have a precarious tree, good job the others are holding it up, for now. It's about 20ft high but thin so it can fall into the garden without any damage........ I hope !

I have run the hoover over the downstairs and chased the dust about this morning. I want to wash the kitchen floor after lunch, but I might get Mr Fix It to steam clean it as a penance. He lost the shed keys yesterday so we spent hours looking for them and the spares. We found them locked in the shed ! What idiot puts all the keys together, spares and all :eek:. So now he has to break in our own shed ! Apparently he needs me to help too, but if he thinks I'm climbing in through the window he has another think coming. I may be small but I ain't no mountain goat :rotfl:. Will have to wait until the bad weather subsides anyway.

Nelski my cupboard is for real emergencies :rotfl:. A bit of wind and rain pah !! Thanks for the Holly updates. I wish I had a RL friend like you :A
    Holly keep your chin up lovely, you seem to be doing a grand job. Many hugs coming your way my friend xx
    Ollie don't know how to tell you that the fire brigade were outside my house this morning. They were there for ages, don't ask me how I know ;), but there seems to be an impression of my nose on the window pane :D ( I think they were testing/fitting smoke alarms to over the road neighbour ) Hope you managed to take your shower in a more lady-like fashion :rotfl:
    RosyRed I'm glad the family got to give DGC other GD a good send off.
    -taff I know we Welshies are a hardy breed but please take it easy today and tomorrow.... and the day after etc :D.
    RedRuby what a stupid man. Hope your window is sorted this week.
    Cranky and dp1 glad you are on the mend.
    Scarlett :hello:
    TA I hope MrTA is comfortable. Sending you and your family many hugs xx

Anyone heard from Hester lately ? I hope she is safe on her boat.
    Seems quite a few people are missing too. Hope everyone who is reading along is ok.
    Take care all. The hug bucket runneth over, so help yourselves.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Haster posted on her blog a couple of days ago. Exciting news from her but I'll let her tell you about it.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Just thought I'd update you on the shed keys.

The rain stopped so Mr Fix It decided to remove the window nearest the shed door, saying he could manage without me. He came to the back door to ask me if I had a magnet, so I checked my pockets........ no, it's not the sort of thing I carry around on my person ! I started to search in the drawers of the Welsh Dresser, no nothing, perhaps they are in the shed too :eek:. Anyway Mr Fix It meanwhile has put a long pole, with a hook attached, through the window, but it's no good. He looks at me a bit forlorn, shaking his head.
    I have an idea :idea: ............. I shout " couldn't you just put your hand through (the now missing window ) and open the door ". I swear I could hear the penny dropping from the house :rotfl::rotfl:.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My analytical, problem solving Mr Fix It has left the building along with Elvis :(. I don't know if it's because of his cancer meds or if he's just getting older, if it's the latter it's a bit worrying, because he's younger than me !
    N.B. The 3 spare keys are now distributed about the house on different key rings. Another crisis averted :j
    Nelski thanks for your PM. That means so much to me :A
    Snoozer thanks for the info re Hester. Now I'm intrigued !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure