Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month - MSE News

Options
If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them until next month – as Sainsbury's has announced it will run its next 'double-up' event in mid-November ...
Read the full story:
'Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• MrsEvs09
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can exchange for a voucher in one category, then go back the next day and get another for the same category?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsEvs09 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can exchange for a voucher in one category, then go back the next day and get another for the same category?

I dont think it works like that, you double up x amount of vouchers to use as you wish on the categories stated.

Ask Nectar.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,068 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

In the past the t&c have very clearly stated on e voucher per category and also one per transaction - so no half price large screen TVs or games consoles
    I think....
  • The_K_Man
    Options
    Yes you can. I have always done this. You can't spend the vouchers together in one transaction though.
  • The_K_Man
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    In the past the t&c have very clearly stated on e voucher per category and also one per transaction - so no half price large screen TVs or games consoles

That might be the terms and conditions but there is nothing to stop you actually getting more than one voucher for the same category. They have no means to check and stop you. You just can't use the vouchers together in the same transaction. I have spoken to Sainsbury's staff about it before and they have said loads of people do it
  • MrsEvs09
    Options
    I’m going to give that a go then. Thanks The K Man
  • MSE_Sarah
    MSE_Sarah Posts: 327 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

We've just added this update into the story:

Sainsbury's has today confirmed (16 October) that for the first time, you can spend up to £200 double-up vouchers in ANY of the 11 selected categories. You don't have to choose a category in advance, as in previous years.
    Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,068 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MSE_Sarah wrote: »
    We've just added this update into the story:

Sainsbury's has today confirmed (16 October) that for the first time, you can spend up to £200 double-up vouchers in ANY of the 11 selected categories. You don't have to choose a category in advance, as in previous years.

Is it still 1 voucher per transaction or can you buy a 200 quid product using 4 50 vouchers?

What is the usual returns policy? Do you get points back at the normal value?
    I think....
  • cosmos2
    Options
    Article says it'll start on the 29th. Logging in today - and there's nothing there about doubling up.

How do you do it? is there a special link?
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cosmos2 wrote: »
    Article says it'll start on the 29th. Logging in today - and there's nothing there about doubling up.

How do you do it? is there a special link?

https://www.nectar.com/brands/sainsburys-double-up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport