IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal Reject by POPLA, what should i do?

Options
Hello guys

i have received a PCN, Becasue the parking company allows me to pay the ticket within 10 minutes but i paid after 11 minutes.
This was my first time using this car park due to moving home. When i found a parking space, i wanted to pay for the parking fee and realise there was no machines to pay for the tickets after walking around the entire car park. Eventually , i noticed the notice on the wall indicating payment methods, then i realised that i have to download an APP to pay for the parking fee. We came from another country, due to restriction on phones (apple Store), we have to change the setting from my own country to United Kingdoms and change and register the account using APP to pay for the parking fee. After i have registered, i will have to enter details of the car park with its location code, duration of stay etc. Finally, i have to enter detail of the payment account, to finish all these process, it all needs time.

I have explained everything to POPLA but they rejected my appeal. And i have a chance to comment, what should i say? It's quite unfair to a first time user (pay by app) especially for a foreigner.
sorry for my poor English!
Please help, Many Thanks

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you live in the U.K.?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should read the clear and specific advice for POPLA rejections in the Newbies Sticky - Post 3.
  • 54yqrklt
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Do you live in the U.K.?
    yes, i live in UK now, but i have never used UK apple store before:(
  • 54yqrklt
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    You should read the clear and specific advice for POPLA rejections in the Newbies Sticky - Post 3.
    Thank you for your advice, i will have a look:)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    IMO they were wrong to reject your appeal as there should be 10 minute grace periods at the beginning and end of thee session, I am sure a judge would disagree with them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if you have the chance to comment, are you at the popla rebuttal stage or have popla actually made their decision ?

grace periods should have applied on this one, clause #13 of the BPA CoP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport