Options
2»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.flightright.co.uk/your-rights/flight-rebooking

Checklist: Are you entitled to cash compensation?

You are only entitled to compensation for involuntary booking changes if all of these criteria are met:

Your arrival at your destination is delayed for more than 3 hours
    You checked in for your flight on time (generally 45 minutes before departure)
    Your flight booking was changed less than 6 years ago
    The airline is responsible for the change in booking
    Your flight takes off from an EU airport or you landed at an EU airport (airline is headquartered in the EU
    You did NOT book a free/reduced fare that is not available to the public
    You had a confirmed booking and ticket (incl. free/reduced tickets under customer loyalty/promotional programmes)
    Applies to passengers travelling independently/on package holidays, low-cost airlines, business travellers and children on paid tickets
  • Bartman1989
    Options
    Denied boarding doesn't go on the length of time. Its if you volunteered of if you didn't. We did not.

I'm not interested in the facts about delayed boarding or denied boarding, I know my rights.

I'm asking what is the next course of action I can take having given them 7 days notice to respond..
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2018 at 8:45AM
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    https://www.flightright.co.uk/your-rights/flight-rebooking

Checklist: Are you entitled to cash compensation?

You are only entitled to compensation for involuntary booking changes if all of these criteria are met:

Your arrival at your destination is delayed for more than 3 hours
    You checked in for your flight on time (generally 45 minutes before departure)
    Your flight booking was changed less than 6 years ago
    The airline is responsible for the change in booking
    Your flight takes off from an EU airport or you landed at an EU airport (airline is headquartered in the EU
    You did NOT book a free/reduced fare that is not available to the public
    You had a confirmed booking and ticket (incl. free/reduced tickets under customer loyalty/promotional programmes)
    Applies to passengers travelling independently/on package holidays, low-cost airlines, business travellers and children on paid tickets

That's not correct. Denied boarding is always compensatable although the compensation may be reduced in certain circumstances. It's been mentioned several times already, I don't know why some posters continue to insist on providing incorrect information.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    I'm asking what is the next course of action I can take having given them 7 days notice to respond..

It depends on who operated your flight and where you are a resident. You might be able to file a MCOL (money claim online). I'd recommend you post in the flight delay forum if you need advice on this.
  • blues
    blues Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why should someone else be bumped just because they don't have children? Strange logic.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Where a flight is overbooked, the airline is meant to first ask for volunteers to be offloaded (and usually offers generous compensation).

I suppose if they have overbooked by 4 pax and no one volunteers to be offloaded, it makes sense to offload a family of 4 instead of 2 couple. One unhappy customer rather than two.

Although I am surprised at a Low Cost Carrier overbooking at all. Overbooking only really works when you have a decent proportion of travellers on fully flexible tickets.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Where a flight is overbooked, the airline is meant to first ask for volunteers to be offloaded (and usually offers generous compensation).

I suppose if they have overbooked by 4 pax and no one volunteers to be offloaded, it makes sense to offload a family of 4 instead of 2 couple. One unhappy customer rather than two.

Although I am surprised at a Low Cost Carrier overbooking at all. Overbooking only really works when you have a decent proportion of travellers on fully flexible tickets.

The flight wasn't over-booked, they had to use a smaller plane for some reason. OP hasn't said why, but most likely a technical issue with the original plane or a plane out of position.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure