Nationwide FlexiDirect 5% saver changes?

torncurtain
torncurtain Posts: 95 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 12 August 2018 at 6:03PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
PLEASE DISREGARD! Their website is confusing. I don't know how to delete my thread!

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexdirect/apply

Went to open an account with this one, the 5% looked good based on the MSE recommendations, but the 'need to knows' doesn't state that I need to switch bank accounts in order to receive the 5% interest and yet their website does.

Has anyone else successfully opened a FlexiDirect 5% without having to switch accounts? (obviously if you were referred from a friend you would in order to meet their criteria). I'm not interested in switching my main bank account.

Here's MSE notes: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#nationwideflexdirect

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a main account with Nationwide? If so, which one? If not, then you have to do a switch...
    OP is talking about the FlexDirect current account, not the Flexclusive regular saver.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm not interested in switching my main bank account.
    So switch a different one instead. Haven't got one?...get one and (near) double your first year return!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Married ?
    ………...
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Has anyone else successfully opened a FlexiDirect 5% without having to switch accounts? (obviously if you were referred from a friend you would in order to meet their criteria). I'm not interested in switching my main bank account.

Here's MSE notes: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#nationwideflexdirect

You do not have to switch accounts to open this one.

If you do switch then you and other referer get £100
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    blindman wrote: »
    You do not have to switch accounts to open this one.

If you do switch then you and other referer get £100

Think the OP might have worked that out
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Yes but i was already a customer with a flex account, isa & mortgage with them.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

Sounds like the issue has been resolved I am able to close or delete this thread if you wish me to,

Just let me know

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • torncurtain
    torncurtain Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 August 2018 at 5:32PM
    ceredigion ... Who's asking?! ;)

YorkshireBoy ... I don't, no. I thought if you switched you only got the £100 kick back if you were referred, switch and bring with you two active DDs? And, to clarify, I'm interested in the 5% interest on the FlexiDirect current account. I don't have the means to do both the saver and current account at the same time. I hope I'm being clear?
  • So switch a different one instead. Haven't got one?...get one and (near) double your first year return!

I'm pretty sure this isn't an option, at least I couldn't find it in the fine print. If I have been referred and I end up switching, and bringing with me 2 DDs then yes, I can get the £100 as will the person who refers me. But, if I simply switch without being referred, I don't appear to gain anything other than what's on offer if I don't switch bank accounts.

If you have some info I couldn't find, I'd be pleased as punch to have a look! :D
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    So switch a different one instead. Haven't got one?...get one and (near) double your first year return!
    I'm pretty sure this isn't an option, at least I couldn't find it in the fine print. If I have been referred and I end up switching, and bringing with me 2 DDs then yes, I can get the £100 as will the person who refers me. But, if I simply switch without being referred, I don't appear to gain anything other than what's on offer if I don't switch bank accounts.

If you have some info I couldn't find, I'd be pleased as punch to have a look! :D

Go on the referrals board and ask someone to refer you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure