PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

After finally getting agency to replace my bathroom floor they haven't removed the remains/rubbish

Options

Comments

• captainpants
    Options
    Just visit their offices with the rubbish and leave it for them to sort out.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was never informed of this and the agency keeps saying they'll get it removed, I'll look at the contract later but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a any information about the landlord in it
    Well the agency 'might' be your landlord; but it's far more likely to be an individual.

That is who your contract is with.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Unless the flooring company had agreed to remove the rubbish in the initial agreement then I suspect it is your responsibility to remove the rubbish.
    Unlikely to be the tenants responsibility. Either the people who did the work depending on what they were paid to do or the landlords responsibility.
  • lookstraightahead
    Options
    Unless the flooring company had agreed to remove the rubbish in the initial agreement then I suspect it is your responsibility to remove the rubbish.

Are you being serious? Why on earth would the tenant be responsible for moving the landlords rubbish?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The tenancy agreement will have a space for the name of the landlord.
    And a space for the name of the tenant.

By law, the tenant must also be given, in writing (usually on the tenancy agreement) an address 'for serving notices' on the landlord (though this can be c/o someone else eg an agent). Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 S48. Without this you do not have to pay rent.

Additionally, if you write to the agent, they have to give you the name and actual address of the landlord. Refusal is a criminal offense.
    Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 S1.
  • need_an_answer
    Options
    G_M wrote: »

Additionally, if you write to the agent, they have to give you the name and actual address of the landlord. Refusal is a criminal offense.
    Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 S1.

GM....

Is this specific to just the tenant being able to write to the agent or can someone different write to the agent to obtain the details of LL name and address?

I ask because I am having an issue with the upstairs tenant to a property I own and the agent is at present refusing to give details of the owner to me and the tenant who lives there only deals with the agent and cant find his tenancy agreement

I now want to instigate court action against the owner for water damage to my tenanted property but other than the managing agent I have no contact details and they have been evasive in wanting to answer my requests for the details.

apologies to OP for taking off topic but seen as its been quoted I thought I may ask....
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Need and Answer : Probably best to start your own thread if you can.

Re: the OP - try and replace the curtain rail, this can be done fairly economically but the plug sockets should be investigated and sorted by the LL/agent.

See https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/what_to_do_if_your_landlord_wont_do_repairs
  • need_an_answer
    Options
    Thanks Deanna,itsd not a problem really I just thought I'd ask the Q on the offchance that GM was around at the time.

It doesn't warrant a thread and in honesty I may just PM GM if I cant establish the answer before I need to take the next steps.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    OP how much stuff has been left behind and what kind of stuff is it?

Do you have a car or can a mate help you out to get it to the local tip?

Can you phone the council, or book online, to collect it as a bulk waste collection?

It clearly isn't going anywhere in a hurry so may as well step up and organise something yourself. This will then free up your time to take the advice given by other members to deal with the other points.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Wackydude1234
    Options
    It's rotted wood that's been put into a. Could of black bags and the vinyl they pulled up, I'll probably have to get my roommate to drive it to the dump or something, i can't drive, he hasn't done it because we were under the impression it was being sorted fkr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure