Factors listed wrong part? Doubting myself

Options
Ok, I'm already feeling stupid for even posting this, but I have to ask because I'm beginning to doubt myself;

I need to replace the handbrake cables on my 03 plate Clio 172.
I has ABS, and ESP (traction control).
I know for sure it has both, because I played around with both back in March, in the snow (purely for scientific research I assure you) and y'know, the litle button is there and everything.

Anyhow, Euro lists 6x possible fitments for the 172 (giving 3x options - NSR/OSR);

1* Without ABS or ESP.
2* With ABS but without ESP.
3* With ABS and ESP.

Simple, right? But just to be sure I entered my reg number, but when I enter my reg, then it says that only option 2 is suitable.. What??? :shocked:

Andrew Page don't narrow it down when I enter the reg, they expect me to just now. Fair enough. I haven't tried any other factors' pages yet as in the past, ECP have been pretty comprehensive.

I'd rather use ECP as they have a 50% sale on atm, letting me get the pair for about 25/26 quid, but just something is making me doubt myself - am I being proper-soft and letting an innacurate database entry worry me unduly?

Go on, tell me I'm just being an idiot! :rotfl:

Comments

• Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    ECP are renown for this. They'll also argue black is white and that it's you that are wrong not their database.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Databases often don't know every detail. Can you buy both and return the unused one?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have TC (Traction Control) not ESP (Electronic Stability Programme).

So Euro are correct, you are mistaken :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Cash-Strapped.T32
    Cash-Strapped.T32 Posts: 562 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Ok, thanks - good to know that it's a known thing that these minor details can be incorrect at these large motor factors' websites.

Ironically, I work with commercial vehicles in our fleet (mainly Daf & Iveco), and thier parts listings are so super-accurate nowadays (service rapido etc) that when I came across this discrepancy I began doubting my own sanity!

Haha, fair point! :cool:
    Although the button on the dash is labelled "ESP" - when I first got it, I assumed it was there to turn psychic powers on and off. ;)

(it's extremely useful when people don't use thier indicators on junctions & roundabouts, as I can just use my car's ESP and psychically know which way they're going)
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 1:28PM
    Options

Are you sure about that. If, as his post suggests, the button is labelled ESP then he should in fact have ESP. He will have traction control (TC) by default.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure