IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Rejected Popla. New Ticket, Same Circumstances- How to improve wording to win?

Comments

• sbhullar
    sbhullar Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    No I was there in staff capacity.
  • sbhullar
    First Anniversary
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I didn't come here for either, thank you. In case you've missed it, I provide lots of advice - daily via nearly 19,000 inputs over the past 5+ years - to help people to avoid/beat private parking charges.

Oh yes, I've certainly now got better things to do!

Well I suggest you do them better things. Because you are certainly not helping me with your condescending tone.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sbhullar wrote: »
    No I was there in staff capacity.
    Have you seen NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles?

Perhaps 'facilities management' need reminding of this:
    NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.
  • sbhullar
    First Anniversary
    No I haven't seen that before but definitely looks great and worth a mention. Thanks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 August 2018 at 3:36PM
    OP, why are you having a go at Umkomaas? He made a ribald comment about a post where you suggested people came here to ask YOU for help about your appeal.

Your comment was obviously a mistake but you decided then to berate an experienced and well respected poster who has given up their own time for free to help.

Some advice. You have posted walls of text that are hard to read. Please take the time to help us by putting in some paragraphs, and correct the formatting errors. That way people might take the time to read it and comment on where it could be improved.

You have been advised to edit your posts to remove information about who parked. Not the plural. You need to check all your posts and amend them so that you only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    KeithP wrote: »
    Have you seen NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles?

Perhaps 'facilities management' need reminding of this:

No I haven't seen that before but definitely looks great and worth a mention. Thanks

Do as above.
    POPLA is not binding on the motorist, also even if the POLA process has started, or gone the wrong way, the principal ( ie the NHS trust) can still cancel/instruct its agents to cancel any parking charge, even if the parking company has initiated court proceedings.

One thing I would recommend is that anything you intend to send to the NHS trust be posted on here first, so that more people can see it and offer advice, as the right things will need to be said to the right people
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • sbhullar
    First Anniversary
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    OP, why are you having a go at Umkomaas? He made a ribald comment about a post where you suggested people came here to ask YOU for help about your appeal.

Your comment was obviously a mistake but you decided then to berate an experienced and well respected poster who has given up their own time for free to help.

I don't think Ukomaas appreciates this forum is for first time users. His judgmental comments earlier which you have chosen to ignore have the same berating impact factor you allude to. Treat people how you want to be treated/ speak to people how you would like to be spoken! I just didn't appreciate his condescending, negative vibe. Nice of you to stick up for him though.

Thanks for the latter half of your message though Fruit Cake- I think I have corrected the driver/ keeper issue.
  • sbhullar
    First Anniversary
    Half_way wrote: »
    Do as above.
    POPLA is not binding on the motorist, also even if the POLA process has started, or gone the wrong way, the principal ( ie the NHS trust) can still cancel/instruct its agents to cancel any parking charge, even if the parking company has initiated court proceedings.

One thing I would recommend is that anything you intend to send to the NHS trust be posted on here first, so that more people can see it and offer advice, as the right things will need to be said to the right people

Would you recommend perhaps writing to the Chief Executive or Car Parking office?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 3:42PM
    Your continued rant over u not appreciating the delicate state you are in won't get you too much support

Especially when you talk of first time users!

This being the second occasion you have come for advice on getting a PCN in a hospital!

Though last time after getting advice you simply abandoned your thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport