Have DemonPlates tricked me into paying additional postage?

Options

Comments

• Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    I was answering your direct question in post #7 ... isn't that obvious?

You weren't answering, you were asking.

The first guy is suggesting that I've bought something illegal and I was asking why he thinks their business is illegal (especially considering they're registered with the DVLA).
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    What's illegal about what I've bought?
    DoaM wrote: »
    Did you show them your V5C when ordering the plates? (I think that's a requirement for new plates but when ordering online it's rarely, if ever, requested - and someone could forge it for an online submission anyway).
    What does that have to do with whether or not I've been duped out of £3.99?

Nothing it's answering your other question , and as stated user error that why we should read t&c
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    that why we should read t&c

Funnily enough I did read the T&Cs. No mention there about despatch other than "no guarantee can be made" with regards to the timeframe.

Are FAQs legally considered part of T&Cs? Is there a law that says the consumer must read every single word on an entire website before purchase?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You weren't answering, you were asking.

The first guy is suggesting that I've bought something illegal and I was asking why he thinks their business is illegal (especially considering they're registered with the DVLA).

So the part of my post in ( ) is a question? If you're going to be an a-hole I'm out ... anyone with an ounce of sense can understand my reply, as proven with post #13.
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Funnily enough I did read the T&Cs. No mention there about despatch other than "no guarantee can be made" with regards to the timeframe.

Are FAQs legally considered part of T&Cs? Is there a law that says the consumer must read every single word on an entire website before purchase?

I understand how annoying it is to be caught out, and although no law says you need to read every word , as in this case it's prudent , I would chalk it done to experience, living in the north of Scotland reading p&p details is essential seeing that some areas of Britain do not regard here as main land , which I can assure them it is.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    I understand how annoying it is to be caught out, and although no law says you need to read every word , as in this case it's prudent , I would chalk it done to experience, living in the north of Scotland reading p&p details is essential seeing that some areas of Britain do not regard here as main land , which I can assure them it is.

I still don't believe so. Their website says things like:

"We begin working on your plates pretty much as soon as we receive the order. Under normal circumstances, number plates are despatched the same or next working day from us receiving your order."

"At Demon Plates, to ensure that we keep our customers happy with rapid delivery times, we start on an order as soon as it is received. Because of this it is not possible to cancel or amend an order which has been placed”

"When you place an order with us for number plates we will make up that order immediately… Simply speaking, if you place an order and follow up that order with your ID and number plate verification document, the order will go the same day (mostly)."

Only at checkout does it mention the chance of 5-7 day despatch if you choose their free delivery option.

They don't even send it using an alternative service - they all get sent Royal Mail 48.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I still don't believe so. Their website says things like:

"We begin working on your plates pretty much as soon as we receive the order. Under normal circumstances, number plates are despatched the same or next working day from us receiving your order."

"At Demon Plates, to ensure that we keep our customers happy with rapid delivery times, we start on an order as soon as it is received. Because of this it is not possible to cancel or amend an order which has been placed”

"When you place an order with us for number plates we will make up that order immediately… Simply speaking, if you place an order and follow up that order with your ID and number plate verification document, the order will go the same day (mostly)."

Only at checkout does it mention the chance of 5-7 day despatch if you choose their free delivery option.

They don't even send it using an alternative service - they all get sent Royal Mail 48.

It also states.
    In order to comply with UK laws, you’ll need to send crisp pictures of your ID and DVLA-approved documentation to our company via electronic mail. When you do this in short order, you’ll be able to get your number plates as soon as possible. Please consult our list of accepted documents in order to find out what you will need to digitally photograph and email.

Maybe you delayed matter by not sending the documents promptly.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    Maybe you delayed matter by not sending the documents promptly.

Maybe. But if I sent my documents to them that would make the plates legal, thereby scuppering your whole "They're illegal and no-one cares" argument that you seem to think matters.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maybe. But if I sent my documents to them that would make the plates legal, thereby scuppering your whole "They're illegal and no-one cares" argument that you seem to think matters.

If you posted them to the supplier yes.

How did you do it?
  • Supersonos
    Options
    If you posted them to the supplier yes.

How did you do it?

None of this makes any difference to my original question and is therefore not relevant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure