Amazon gift card bought from Tesco.

Hello, one of the amazon gift cards I purchased from Tesco today cannot be redeemed for some reason. Amazon can t find any detail of it when I sent them the gift card number. It's for £20 which I don't want to lose. Is my contract with Tesco or Amazon please ?

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Tesco, Where you bought it from
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Tesco, Where you bought it from

Ok thank you . I will go there tomorrow. On their reciept they appear to cover themselves by saying " Tesco does not offer refunds on the card " unless it means on a card that's not faulty.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Ok thank you . I will go there tomorrow. On their reciept they appear to cover themselves by saying " Tesco does not offer refunds on the card " unless it means on a card that's not faulty.

You aren't asking for a refund, you are asking for the card to be valid.
  • Is the number not a valid one or one that has already been redeemed? It's also easy to mix up letters and numbers on a gift card - some aren't printed particularly clearly.

Tesco should have given you a receipt with the amount purchased clearly marked?
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is the number not a valid one or one that has already been redeemed? It's also easy to mix up letters and numbers on a gift card - some aren't printed particularly clearly.

Agreed. The scratch-off material in particular can make characters look like different ones if you don't do a good job of scratching it all off.
  • emerald21
    Is the number not a valid one or one that has already been redeemed? It's also easy to mix up letters and numbers on a gift card - some aren't printed particularly clearly.

I believe the number is a valid one but just doesn t work. I was the one who scratched it to reveal the numbers. They are all perfectly clear and I ve checked and checked so have put the correct numbers in. Yes I have a receipt off Tesco for the £20 value.

As it happens i bought 3 at the same time. Two worked fine this one didn't.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Have Tesco sorted it
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Have you tried scanning it with the Amazon phone app in case you've confused a B with an 8 or an O with a 0?
  • emerald21
    Hi just to say Tesco gave me another gift card which worked fine.
  • emerald21
    Have you tried scanning it with the Amazon phone app in case you've confused a B with an 8 or an O with a 0?

No I hasn t confused any letters or numbers for once they were all clear. I find the 5 s and S s a pest sometimes though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure