IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mayflower terminal short stay

Options
just received a parking charge from Parking eye issued to one of my vehicles that visited the short stay but didn't buy a ticket. Driver tells me the machine wasn't working but have no evidence to back this up. Ive also not been to the site myself but advised they do have pay online option.

The thing here is the offence was on 28/5/18
and Ive received this notice today 11/7/18 date of issue was 7/7/18

can i challenge this and how should I thanks in advance

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Start by reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES that you missed when you clicked on the New Thread button.

This tells you how to deal with this scam and has a ready made template appeal for you to send from The Keeper.

If there was no windscreen ticket then you can carefully add a line, without revealing the driver's identity, that the NTK is too late to meet the POFA requirements, so there can be no keeper liability. They should therefore FRO and contact the drive, who of course will not be named.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DEKS36
    DEKS36 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did read sticky but must have missed it. will go read again many apologies
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    issued to one of my vehicles

Company vehicle?

Is this a lease vehicle where PE have first communicated with the lease company, then referred on to you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DEKS36
    Options
    no I run a taxi business one of my drivers was using the vehicle on the date in question
    today is the first letter received in respect of the offence the vehicle is registered to myself
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    You seem to have received a 'Golden Ticket' from ParkingEye which means they can't hold the registered keeper liable (because they have failed to serve the NtK in time).

Please check your NtK - does it make any mention of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and include a paragraph with words 'If after 29 days ....' (on the reverse of the letter).

Do a forum search on 'Golden Ticket' and read how they are dealt with. Do not identify the driver to PE, you handle this as the registered keeper.
    HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• DEKS36
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    You seem to have received a 'Golden Ticket' from ParkingEye which means they can't hold the registered keeper liable (because they have failed to serve the NtK in time).

Please check your NtK - does it make any mention of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and include a paragraph with words 'If after 29 days ....' (on the reverse of the letter).

Do a forum search on 'Golden Ticket' and read how they are dealt with. Do not identify the driver to PE, you handle this as the registered keeper.

it makes no reference to protection of freedoms act 2012 it does however claim to have originally written to the registered keeper as held by DVLA and they have informed them I was responsible.. strange really as I am the registered keeper and have been since June 2016 and I have not received any communication from them
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    it makes no reference to protection of freedoms act 2012
    So that's a tacit acceptance by PE that they cannot legally hold the RK liable.

Get your initial appeal off to them (NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 template), then in a few weeks time get this killed off at POPLA (NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 covers POPLA).

• DEKS36
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    So that's a tacit acceptance by PE that they cannot legally hold the RK liable.

Get your initial appeal off to them (NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 template), then in a few weeks time get this killed off at POPLA (NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 covers POPLA).

THANKS APPEAL done
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DEKS36 wrote: »
    it makes no reference to protection of freedoms act 2012 it does however claim to have originally written to the registered keeper as held by DVLA and they have informed them I was responsible.. strange really as I am the registered keeper and have been since June 2016 and I have not received any communication from them

It's not a leased vehicle then, which the dates/delay and words on the letter point towards?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DEKS36
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's not a leased vehicle then, which the dates/delay and words on the letter point towards?

sorry I don't understand the question
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport