Credit card debt

Options
2»

Comments

• Help1234
    Help1234 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah I figured out why it!!!8217;s because I!!!8217;m a PhD student. My partner is in full-time employment so if I put his details in I get a lot more options with 100% chance of success including virgin. However, the £5000 on the credit card is in my name. If we took out a balance transfer card in his name, would we be able to transfer the £5000 debt that is in my name?
  • jbkmum
    jbkmum Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    Help1234 wrote: »
    Ah I figured out why it!!!8217;s because I!!!8217;m a PhD student. My partner is in full-time employment so if I put his details in I get a lot more options with 100% chance of success including virgin. However, the £5000 on the credit card is in my name. If we took out a balance transfer card in his name, would we be able to transfer the £5000 debt that is in my name?
    Yes you can transfer to a card in someone elses name. I do that to keep our debt at 0%, constantly switching between myself and husband
    £5000 left to pay on credit cards, down from 40k!!
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,652 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    the exception is Tesco which do not let you BT from a card in someone else's name. Everyone else does.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Help1234
    Help1234 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all, the Virgin card has been approved in my partners name. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully now I will be able to clear the debt a little quicker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure