Vinyl flooring

Once vinyl flooring has been glued to wooden boards (that are nailed to a wooden floor), can the vinyl be removed without ruining It?
Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It can be heated up and removed. It would possibly ruin the separate pieces. I'd be prepared to replace the pieces pulled up.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If it has been down for a long time (10-15 years), it will be brittle and quite likely crack as soon as you try to lift it. Heating may help, and it will certainly soften any adhesive.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    It has been down 24 hours and is one huge sheet!!

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    It has been down 24 hours and is one huge sheet!!

Are you planning to refit it again, or replace with something (newer)?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Are you planning to refit it again, or replace with something (newer)?

Refit!

The fitter has done something wrong with the under boarding to make the floor buckle upwards. He thinks the ply board was faulty.

The whole lot apparently needs replacing but at their expense.

I spent AGES moving all the new kitchen units out and the very heavy dining table has been unassembled, and temporarily placed round the house.

So now I can't get on with fitting my kitchen (floor fitting was on critical path), have no dining table, have my living room taken over with kitchen units and am stuck like this for at least a week until, they can reorder the flooring and have it refitted.

Just grrrrr annoying, as now my kitchen won't be finished for when I have guests staying.

I was just hoping it was easily fixable.

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Why don't they just re-ply over the top of the existing floor, screwed through the vinyl and the buckled floor into the sub floor. that will pull the floor down. You will just need to put a small threshold in at the door.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure