Options
2»

Comments

• elpem
    elpem Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thankyou.

I rang and was told the deal and wanted to discuss with a friend as the details weren't what I thought was advertised but before I could end the call they were pushing for me to take alternative flights at extra cost. When I spoke to them the following day they said I could have the original flights/travel but it would be an extra cost no matter what. In total I spoke to Crystal Travel on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday and got nowhere as I wasn't willing to pay extra (very long calls trying to sort it out) :(
    I am waiting to see if Wowcher get a reply from them on resolver, I have to allow 72 working hours for their response from 5 July at 11.59 am......
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elpem wrote: »
    Thankyou.

I rang and was told the deal and wanted to discuss with a friend as the details weren't what I thought was advertised but before I could end the call they were pushing for me to take alternative flights at extra cost. When I spoke to them the following day they said I could have the original flights/travel but it would be an extra cost no matter what. In total I spoke to Crystal Travel on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday and got nowhere as I wasn't willing to pay extra (very long calls trying to sort it out) :(
    I am waiting to see if Wowcher get a reply from them on resolver, I have to allow 72 working hours for their response from 5 July at 11.59 am......

Why are you adding a middleman?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    running close to your 14 days no quibble refund, just fill in the form on the website now requesting a refund
  • elpem
    Options
    Thanks again all. I contacted Wowcher at 8.40 am on 30 June requesting a full refund to my credit card. I have mentioned their responses previously.
    I used resolver also as I am not having any luck and thought it might help.
    I will try anything to get the right help/information as I am feeling completely at a loss. Harsh lessons being learnt.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There was a section on tonight's "Supershoppers" tv programme regarding these vouchers although they were largely focused on Groupon. There was a travel lawyer who gave pretty clear advice.

Might be worth looking for on the channel 4 app (think it's called All4)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you don't get the response you want from Wowcher, do what others have previously suggested.

Contact your credit card company. Tell them that you have paid for a holiday, but now the travel firm have refused to let you book it at the price you paid. Leave out all the irrelevant stuff about direct flights.

Request a refund in full from your credit card company. You have rights under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. They are jointly liable if the supplier will not provide the service you have paid for.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • elpem
    Options
    Thankyou I have done, was initially put off by credit card company (as it is done through a 3rd party ie wowcher) but will keep trying.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elpem wrote: »
    Thankyou I have done, was initially put off by credit card company (as it is done through a 3rd party ie wowcher) but will keep trying.

If you don't get the answer you want, tell them you wish to make a formal complaint.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Toronto and New York in January is going to be VERY cold - take some woolies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure