IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Direct did not reply to my appeal!

Options

Comments

• sajet
    sajet Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I know it sounds mental! But 6 years though ...
    Nevertheless I've sent my dispute letters. Will await their response. Thanks again
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I do wish to fight but 6 years is a long long time to be worried about I think.

Park Direct don't do court so all you will get is a string of meaningless letters from debt collectors that can do nothing.

Here is what you need to do with the letters you get from them

http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-hat.html
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 9:36AM
    Options
    If it did get to court they would struggle. Random lady hiding behind a car, and taking photographs failed in her duty to mitigate her employer's losses by not engaging with you.

If it went to court you would require her to attend to answer questions about her conduct. I cannot see any judge in the land finding for them is the situation was as you state. Therefore, how will paying solve anything.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 9:52AM
    Options
    sajet wrote: »
    I know it sounds mental! But 6 years though ...
    Nevertheless I've sent my dispute letters. Will await their response. Thanks again

Don't be expecting a favourable reply!!

Treat any debt collectors threatening letters like all the other junk mail you get!

Would you pay any other bill you didn't agree you owed?

If so give us an address to send you some made up bills!!

Come on! You came for advice - you don't need to do anything except ignore some nasty letters!!

(Blame the law for allowing them 6 years to take legal action - it applies to all creditors not just scammers like these)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Blame the law for allowing them 6 years to take legal action - it applies to all creditors not just scammers like these)

Apart from those claims that aren't 6 years that is.
  • sajet
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Don't be expecting a favourable reply!!

Treat any debt collectors threatening letters like all the other junk mail you get!

Would you pay any other bill you didn't agree you owed?

If so give us an address to send you some made up bills!!

Come on! You came for advice - you don't need to do anything except ignore some nasty letters!!

(Blame the law for allowing them 6 years to take legal action - it applies to all creditors not just scammers like these)
    I have sent another dispute letter today so will wait and see what they come back with.

Just a thought - can I drag them to court instead to cancel the PCN (and perhaps sue for data privacy breach etc) instead of waiting around for 6 years like a sitting duck??
  • sajet
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    If it did get to court they would struggle. Random lady hiding behind a car, and taking photographs failed in her duty to mitigate her employer's losses by not engaging with you.

If it went to court you would require her to attend to answer questions about her conduct. I cannot see any judge in the land finding for them is the situation was as you state. Therefore, how will paying solve anything.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    Thank you, yes I will be writing to my local MP - is there any other resource (petition?) whereby more awareness can be raised on this topic?
    You guys are doing a wonderful job here and probably have helped countless unsuspecting victims such as myself!
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I have sent another dispute letter today so will wait and see what they come back with.

Just a thought - can I drag them to court instead to cancel the PCN (and perhaps sue for data privacy breach etc) instead of waiting around for 6 years like a sitting duck??

no ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • sajet
    Options
    Park Direct don't do court so all you will get is a string of meaningless letters from debt collectors that can do nothing.

Here is what you need to do with the letters you get from them

LOL! Tbh it's not the court and defending that scares me, it really is the fact that I would be leaving myself open (unfairly!) to action for 6 years that bugs me. God forbid something goes wrong (missed/unopened letters etc) and I find bailiffs at my doorstep for this silly thing
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    LOL! Tbh it's not the court and defending that scares me, it really is the fact that I would be leaving myself open (unfairly!) to action for 6 years that bugs me. God forbid something goes wrong (missed/unopened letters etc) and I find bailiffs at my doorstep for this silly thing

as the law stands at the moment , that is correct , just like an unpaid invoice from your milkman etc etc

however due to the figure involved (if you lost) I dont think we would be seeing you on the TV
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure