Bought some shoes and they cut my feet after 30 mins of wearing them

13»

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 8 July 2018 at 4:53PM
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I can't give policies for shoes bought in store without going and trying a few pairs on, which in this heat I'm afraid I'm not prepared to do, but eg TK Maxx, Hotter, Clarks, Skechers - frankly, anywhere I buy shoes from, I ask about the time limit for returns if I only wear the shoes at home.

While I'm pottering around the house, washing up / making tea / sorting out laundry etc I can check whether the shoes still feel comfortable. If I'm in any doubt, they go back.

If they're OK with that kind of use, I take them into work and wear them in the office for a day or so. I change when I arrive and before I leave the office to go home. If the shoes still feel comfortable, I keep them. If I'm in any doubt, they go back.

I never wear them without socks at this point, obviously.

I have 'difficult' feet, and something can feel OK in the shop but start to pinch / rub soon after. If a retailer expects me to make my final decision in store, with no possibility of returns, I won't buy there.

TBH it takes me a long time to buy shoes because so many pairs don't even feel comfortable in the shop.

It also take me a long time as I wear custom made orthotics which wont even fit in many shoes, thats why I asked.

I was only aware that Clarks would refund/exchange.

Other than ECCO and Clark;s I have never found any shoes that fit and are comfortable and even then its hard

I didnt expect you to go and try a few pairs on and ask about their policy, I assume you knew as that is what you posted
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    photome wrote: »
    I didnt expect you to go and try a few pairs on and ask about their policy, I assume you knew as that is what you posted
    Sorry, I wasn't being snippy. I did try to check returns policies but quickly realised they referred to online purchases, where the rules are different anyway.

have you tried Cosyfeet? I know they're meant to be good for 'difficult' feet. In my clicking I also found this lot, who say they should be available in shops. I haven't used either so no idea if they'd be helpful or not.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Marks & Spencer sell lovely soft learher boots and shoes.
    Expensive but they fit wrll and last
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Well these Linzi people are a right shower aren't they? They at least deserve a few poor reviews on some websites. Customer service is provided to smooth over problems customers have with their purchases and provide replacements and refunds where justified. This company has a negative sign up saying no refunds but statutory rights still apply. That is an oxymoronic statement with the emphasis on "moronic". The law requires refunds where goods are not fit for purpose, Linzi has no choice in the matter!

Forgetting about this uncustomer friendly company for a minute, shoes tried on in a shop may not at the time show an inherent fault. There will be a technical reason why they were uncomfortable, they may well be uncomfortable for anyone to wear. One thing is certain, they were not the wrong size as they fitted the customer.

Yes they are cheap shoes, but that in itself does not give a retailer the right to sell uncomfortable shoes with a poor design!

I would complain to Head Office Executive Complaints. Most big retailers have a separate High Level Complaints or Executive Complaints Team and they are usually intelligent people and much better to deal with. Tell them the story of the treatment you got further down the chain, in writing. And ask for a refund plus compensation for the cut to your foot, pain and your wasted time. I hope you took a photo of the cut. If there is blood in the shoe, take a photo of that too and send to Head Office.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well these Linzi people are a right shower aren't they? They at least deserve a few poor reviews on some websites. Customer service is provided to smooth over problems customers have with their purchases and provide replacements and refunds where justified. This company has a negative sign up saying no refunds but statutory rights still apply. That is an oxymoronic statement with the emphasis on "moronic". The law requires refunds where goods are not fit for purpose, Linzi has no choice in the matter!

Forgetting about this uncustomer friendly company for a minute, shoes tried on in a shop may not at the time show an inherent fault. There will be a technical reason why they were uncomfortable, they may well be uncomfortable for anyone to wear. One thing is certain, they were not the wrong size as they fitted the customer.

Yes they are cheap shoes, but that in itself does not give a retailer the right to sell uncomfortable shoes with a poor design!

I would complain to Head Office Executive Complaints. Most big retailers have a separate High Level Complaints or Executive Complaints Team and they are usually intelligent people and much better to deal with. Tell them the story of the treatment you got further down the chain, in writing. And ask for a refund plus compensation for the cut to your foot, pain and your wasted time. I hope you took a photo of the cut. If there is blood in the shoe, take a photo of that too and send to Head Office.

The shoes are fit for purpose - they can be worn on someone's feet. There's nothing to suggest that they are faulty, in fact they went to the trouble of sending them off for inspection. Cheap, synthetic shoes are far more likely to rub, blister and cut your feet as they don't have the natural stretch of leather, especially when worn for prolonged periods when your feet swell. Maybe their customer service could have been friendlier but they haven't done anything wrong in this case, and if their designs were so universally "faulty" then they would have gone out of business by now as customers voted with their feet. I've never worn cheap, synthetic shoes in my life - which is why I very seldom get blisters and my feet are corn and bunion free.
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

I'm yet to find a pair of high heels I can wear for any length of time and that I find comfortable. I've worn shoes from £10 to > £100, leather, canvas, open toe... They all hurt as I find it uncomfortable to bear all my weight on the balls of my feet for hours on end and I often get blisters. I think a significant proportion of people who wear high heels would also agree with me.

That doesn't make every pair of high heels faulty though...
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Just ignore Rhinestonemaiden, everything that is typed by them is incorrect and misleading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure