Vanguard LS80 - am I missing out on anything

Options
2»

Comments

• Fatbritabroad
    Options
    I'll have over 45k in Vls 100 this year and have decided not to diversify till i have 100k invested assets
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll have over 45k in Vls 100 this year and have decided not to diversify till i have 100k invested assets

VLS100 is already very diversified in equities.......you might think about some fixed income/cash
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
  • Fatbritabroad
    Fatbritabroad Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VLS100 is already very diversified in equities.......you might think about some fixed income/cash
    I have 15k in cash and another 10 across two p2p sites as well. Not that im equating p2p with cash but do think of it a bit like corporate bonds (with capital most definitely at risk hence why I'm not doing anything other than investing interest

Sorry for my stupidity but by fixed income you mean bonds? I'm not keen on bonds atm but have come to recognise there are obviously different types. Any particular fund you'd recommend
  • pinkllama
    pinkllama Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seeing as you’re happy with the equity allocation of Lifestrategy 100 and wanting a bond fund, then swapping over to Lifestrategy 80 could be a simple solution.
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have 15k in cash and another 10 across two p2p sites as well. Not that im equating p2p with cash but do think of it a bit like corporate bonds (with capital most definitely at risk hence why I'm not doing anything other than investing interest

Sorry for my stupidity but by fixed income you mean bonds? I'm not keen on bonds atm but have come to recognise there are obviously different types. Any particular fund you'd recommend

If you want to reduce volatility an intermediate term (5 to 10 years average maturity) bond fund can help. But as with equities only buy for the long term. Bond funds are probably going to fall in price for a few years so plan to reinvest interest and stay with them for the long haul. The VLS funds with bond allocations might be useful.
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure