Mobility Scooter Return - Advice Needed

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You got 5 days, that's actually very good. Most won't even look at a refund once you leave the shop as they don't need to offer any refund period.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wish the law was tightened up a bit to allow buyers a decent time to change their minds. Five days is nothing.
    Would you happily pay new price for an item someone has test driven for 30 days, with the associated wear and tear, scuffs and scratches?

I think we all know the answer...
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Would you happily pay new price for an item someone has test driven for 30 days, with the associated wear and tear, scuffs and scratches?

Exactly.

Not sure the poster really thought it through
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

photome wrote: »
    Exactly.

Not sure the poster really thought it through

She used it once. Did you actually read the OP's post or is making assumptions par for the course on here?
    Pants
  • photome
    warehouse wrote: »
    She used it once. Did you actually read the OP's post or is making assumptions par for the course on here?

would you still buy it as new and pay full price
  • A general point for anyone contemplating buying one of these and not having a friend or relative to borrow one from.

Many shopping areas have a Shopmobility scheme where you can borrow one (or hire one at low cost) for an hour or two. You don't need to be on any mobility-related benefits, have a blue badge or anything. Obviously you can't take it home but it seems a good way to try out with no commitment or pressure from salespeople.

http://www.shopmobility.org.uk
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A general point for anyone contemplating buying one of these and not having a friend or relative to borrow one from.

Many shopping areas have a Shopmobility scheme where you can borrow one (or hire one at low cost) for an hour or two. You don't need to be on any mobility-related benefits, have a blue badge or anything. Obviously you can't take it home but it seems a good way to try out with no commitment or pressure from salespeople.

http://www.shopmobility.org.uk

An excellent idea.

I used to work for a Scooter supplier and we encouraged people to take second hand scooters home on a trial so they could make a good decision. It can be frightening travelling at 4 mph very close to the ground.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    photome wrote: »
    would you still buy it as new and pay full price

Also don't recall seeing that in the original post. Are you just making stuff up as you go along?
    Pants
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Robin9 wrote: »
    It can be frightening travelling at 4 mph very close to the ground.

A person walking at a relatively fast pace will achieve 4 mph. Having ridden both of my late father's mobility scooters, I did not feel particularly close to the ground.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • photome
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:28PM
    warehouse wrote: »
    Also don't recall seeing that in the original post. Are you just making stuff up as you go along?

Are you just picking a fight?

I havent made anything up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family