Lloyd’s bank package account

Options
2»

Comments

• Kitch1985
    Kitch1985 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Back in 2007 the gold account was opened based on the fact I was told I would need one for an overdraft. I have all the other benefits from either my employment or the wife

The reason I downgraded it was why would I pay extra for the sake of an overdraft. I then was advised to take out the silver account but was told to do it online as it was much quicker to do.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kitch1985 wrote: »
    I then was advised to take out the silver account but was told to do it online as it was much quicker to do.
    Unfortunately, the fact remains that you took out the lesser account online which means that you did it of your own accord. You can complain that you were "advised" to do it online, but there will be no record of this.
  • jmchown
    jmchown Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i used resolver to do a claim for bank account package claims.
    I had a call from lloyds and talked it over the phone. However i have just received a call from the bank that my claim has been rejected due to i cancelled my package account 3 years and 1 month ago and its outside of a 3 year claim system.
    my friend however had the same issue being 4 years but managed to get a claim through.
    does anybody know if this is a real circumstance or shall i take it to the ombudsman?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jmchown wrote: »
    Hi i used resolver to do a claim for bank account package claims.
    I had a call from lloyds and talked it over the phone. However i have just received a call from the bank that my claim has been rejected due to i cancelled my package account 3 years and 1 month ago and its outside of a 3 year claim system.
    my friend however had the same issue being 4 years but managed to get a claim through.
    does anybody know if this is a real circumstance or shall i take it to the ombudsman?

You should start your own thread rather than hijack someone elses (its considered rude to do this as you could stop responses to their questions and topic if people switch to yours. it can also create confusion when you have multiple discussions going on at the same time).

Copy and paste your question to a new thread.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jmchown wrote: »
    my claim has been rejected due to i cancelled my package account 3 years and 1 month ago and its outside of a 3 year claim system.
    Since everyone's complaint is different, I don't think you should be attempting to use your friend's experience and applying it to your own complaint.

Your complaint has been time-barred, so it is not going to be considered at all.

The Bank are allowed to do this and, yes, it is a "real circumstance".

Your friend may have been more fortunate, but that does not assist your case in any way.

Sorry.
  • jmchown
    jmchown Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your replies I!!!8217;m very new to the site and we all learn how things work but mistakes. So I apologise for jumping into someone else!!!8217;s thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure