MSE News: Second cash Lifetime ISA to be launched this summer

Options
Nottingham Building Society is to launch a new cash Lifetime ISA, MoneySavingExpert can reveal - making it only the second provider to offer this type of savings account, which gives a 25% bonus for buying your first home or retirement...
Read the full story:
'Second cash Lifetime ISA to be launched this summer'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's good news for some of us who live in East Anglia that the Nottingham has spread in our direction. I hope they succeed with their unfashionable plan of opening branches in market towns.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Someone from MSE needs at atlas with counties the NBS has a presence in.....
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Someone from MSE needs at atlas with counties the NBS has a presence in.....
    What makes you say that?

They say "its 67 branches, which are spread across 11 counties including Cambridgeshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire" which seems an accurate statement as far as I can see, based on the branch locator at https://www.thenottingham.com/branches/, although strictly speaking it's 59 branches of the building society in ten counties, with 8 of the 67 branches only providing estate agency services.

Or are you making a pedantic point about the distinction between 'Yorkshire' and 'South Yorkshire' perhaps?
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

They say "its 67 branches, which are spread across 11 counties including Cambridgeshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire" which seems an accurate statement as far as I can see, based on the branch locator at https://www.thenottingham.com/branches/, although strictly speaking it's 59 branches of the building society in ten counties, with 8 of the 67 branches only providing estate agency services.

Or are you making a pedantic point about the distinction between 'Yorkshire' and 'South Yorkshire' perhaps?

Am almost positive the word 'including' has been added to this article!

It's too early to be mistaken by me being drunk!
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    I already have 4 accounts with Nottingham BS and a local branch, if they beat or even for convenience just match Skipton, my LISA will be going there too.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Without knowing the rate there isn't much for us to talk about but it is a positive sign the LISA market is expanding again after the disappointment when HL stopped accepting LISA transfer-ins.
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    As a regular Nottingham customer I've found they reasonably regularly have loss leading accounts to generate footfall in their branches. Hopefully this will be one of them.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Any update here please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts